C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Track Day Failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C43, 1999
I took a long hard drive into the hills this last Sunday and noticed that the ESP was pretty intrusive for many miles and but then it seemed to slowly clam down and by the time i got to the turn a round point and ESP with the button pushed so the traction contraction control is off became much less intrusive.

The road has many 85-90 mph sweepers and going up the ESP would kick on lots and brake the right front if turning left and brake the left front when turning right. Coming home through the same sweepers caused only minor intrusion of the ESP. So that made it a much nicer drive.

I don't know if the system is adaptive or not, but it did behave like it learned something. I also seemed to notice that by staying on the gas while turning in also seemed to help keep the ESP off.

Does anyone know the steps taken to put a 1999, C43 in dyno mode. Just for future reference?

Thanks, Jeff
Old 08-11-2004, 12:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you get a change to run the same direction twice? Coming home if only driven in one direction on the same road in reverse may just be easier on the computer due to the opposite loads on the suspension going in the opposite direction. I hope the C55 has increased the limit of kick in well beyond the C32's program.