C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Crank, no start.. Help! C32 AMG 2002

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 amg
Crank, no start.. Help! C32 AMG 2002

Car ran perfect until I bought a faulty alternator. My battery & car died while driving to get gas as I was real low. Called Triple A. Towed home. (A/C condenser sensor broke too while being towed.)

Next day I pulled the faulty alternator. Ground cable melted onto it and its surrounding areas. It definitely got hot and did damage elsewhere too. Then I got the new alternator in and fully charged my battery for it. No start. Just cranks.

Checked Battery is good.✅
Checked Alternator is good.✅
Checked enough gas in tank.✅
Checked all fuses good.✅
Checked Fuel Pump makes sound.✅
Checked Fuel Rail is full of fuel.✅
Not checked Fuel Rail PSI.(Sprays strong.)❎
Not checked Fuel Pump relay sound.❎
Not checked for spark.(New plugs.)❎
Not checked continuity.(No meter.)❎
Not checked CPS sensor.❎
Not checked Prefuse box completely.❎ (I dont know how to tell if the 150A/200A fuses are blown in prefuse box. No meter to check continuity.)

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1415125148554153?view=permalink&id=284068550599810 3
Old 02-25-2020, 01:52 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 S55 AMG Designo, (sold)2001 ML55 Designo, (sold)2004 C32 AMG, RIP 2005 Volvo s40 2.4i
Originally Posted by Hydro Tsunami
Car ran perfect until I bought a faulty alternator. My battery & car died while driving to get gas as I was real low. Called Triple A. Towed home. (A/C condenser sensor broke too while being towed.)

Next day I pulled the faulty alternator. Ground cable melted onto it and its surrounding areas. It definitely got hot and did damage elsewhere too. Then I got the new alternator in and fully charged my battery for it. No start. Just cranks.

Checked Battery is good.✅
Checked Alternator is good.✅
Checked enough gas in tank.✅
Checked all fuses good.✅
Checked Fuel Pump makes sound.✅
Checked Fuel Rail is full of fuel.✅
Not checked Fuel Rail PSI.(Sprays strong.)❎
Not checked Fuel Pump relay sound.❎
Not checked for spark.(New plugs.)❎
Not checked continuity.(No meter.)❎
Not checked CPS sensor.❎
Not checked Prefuse box completely.❎ (I dont know how to tell if the 150A/200A fuses are blown in prefuse box. No meter to check continuity.)

https://m.facebook.com/groups/141512...40685505998103
Did you end up fixing the problem? I see the post on FB is over 2 weeks old. It could also be the Crankshaft Position sensor. Its less than 30 doll hairs and a pain in the *** to replace yourself but a shop might charge a ton for this job so I would recommend doing it yourself. Also I saw some comments tell you it's the fuel pump and it very well could be the pump regardless of how much fuel sprays out of the fuel rails Schrader valve. Please get back to us if you fond a solution or with more info so that we can better help diagnose your 32
Old 02-27-2020, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 amg
Fixed!!

Originally Posted by Oshkoshbigjosh
Did you end up fixing the problem? I see the post on FB is over 2 weeks old. It could also be the Crankshaft Position sensor. Its less than 30 doll hairs and a pain in the *** to replace yourself but a shop might charge a ton for this job so I would recommend doing it yourself. Also I saw some comments tell you it's the fuel pump and it very well could be the pump regardless of how much fuel sprays out of the fuel rails Schrader valve. Please get back to us if you fond a solution or with more info so that we can better help diagnose your 32
Hey! Thank you for checking in! Fuse 48 was blown for "Engine Electronics" I goofed. I double checked all fuses and somehow missed that fuse twice.

I even did the CPS sensor and it didnt make a difference. It was all the fuse.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 284 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
Not an electrician but melted wires usually pop a fuse somewhere lol
Old 02-27-2020, 08:23 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydro Tsunami
Hey! Thank you for checking in! Fuse 48 was blown for "Engine Electronics" I goofed. I double checked all fuses and somehow missed that fuse twice.

I even did the CPS sensor and it didnt make a difference. It was all the fuse.
That sucks, but it happens to all of us although some might not admit it. The CPS on my ‘02 completely failed out of nowhere a few months back, it luckily happened when my car was parked in the driveway. At least you now have peace of mind as far as that is concerned.

Just think about what the dealership might have charged you.