C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

RENNTech Monolites....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 11:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No. I think the 19's have a different offset. Check their website.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
But the real question is do you have these? :v

Can't wait to see your pics. Curious to see the difference between the SMG's ride height on the Carlsson Coil-Overs vs the RENNtech springs.

Your Rims look sweet
What brakes are those??
Old 07-30-2004, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
heres another one after i just waxed the car with Meguires NXT wax....

the lighting sucks at night and its raining outside so ill take better pics 2morrow outside up front and from the carshow!! (yes I am displaying my car at the Underground Showoff carshow tomorrow at Miami Beach Convention Center... displaying, not competing, as Im one of the judges for the show)...hehe!!

Yeah the weather has sucked bigtime lately. Your rims look great though, ive always loved the monolites!!! I didn't know there was a car show tommorow How do you hear about this stuff? Is it in the paper or a website??

Thanks
Old 07-30-2004, 05:04 PM

CynCarvin,

Where did you get the Renntech Camber Bushings? Do you still have them.

I am not sure why I cannot get more negative camber up front. I started at -.21 (what the heck is that) and now I am at a whopping -.70 after my Carlsson CO and camber correction bolts.

I talked to the dealer several times and they ensured me that the camber correction bolts are put on properly and that was all they were able to get.

Arggh camber.

Prasith
Old 08-01-2004, 12:48 AM

The RENNtech 19's are 8" front and 9" rear.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by MiamiC55
Yeah the weather has sucked bigtime lately. Your rims look great though, ive always loved the monolites!!! I didn't know there was a car show tommorow How do you hear about this stuff? Is it in the paper or a website??

Thanks
well i didnt go to that carshow due to personal issues b/w the organizers of that carshow and my friends... to keep updated on lots of local carshows and events me and my friends run www.miamistreetracing.com!! Theres also another forum... www.floridastreetscene.com that can keep ya updated on events.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:18 AM

Benzo, what springs are you running with the Monolites? What is the ride height front and rear as measured from the center of the hub to the fender lip? Do the tires stick out beyond the fender's vertical axis?
Old 08-03-2004, 12:27 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by smgC32
It looks like we are going to have to create the Monolite Club!

In 18", the fronts are 8.5 ET32, the rears are 9.5 ET36.

The H&R coilovers are not stiff at all. In fact they are more compliant than the stock set up, as are the RENNtech springs. Not much different between the two set up in observed valving or spring rate, but the H&R's are adjustable of course. Most who own coilovers set their ride height once and never change it again. You can change the rear ride height by utilizing different springs pads as you know. The heights on the RENNtech's are near perfect for cosmetics. The H&R's are a matched set of springs and shocks. So are the RENNtech springs which were matched to the stock AMG shocks. No one has yet to blow a front strut with the RENNtech spring which is the argument against lowering springs with stock shocks. The Carlsson's are much stiffer, as are the PSS-9's. You may want to look at the KW V2's which offer rebound adjustability in a coilover design. A few members here have them and like them very much.

How many of you Monolite owners have the RENNtech decal on the wheel spoke?

After speaking with renntech they told me its not a good idea to use anything thats out there yet to lower the C55 because of weight issues that are different from the c32. They actually never looked at a C55 yet, so hopefully i can go there oneday to have them take a look at my car and see what works or what needs to be done. I am assuming the H&R coilovers wont work right either then? right?
Old 08-03-2004, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
After speaking with renntech they told me its not a good idea to use anything thats out there yet to lower the C55 because of weight issues that are different from the c32. They actually never looked at a C55 yet, so hopefully i can go there oneday to have them take a look at my car and see what works or what needs to be done. I am assuming the H&R coilovers wont work right either then? right?
Word has it that Carlsson Coilover kit was deisgned for the CLK55 and then applied to all the W209 and W203 cars. I would say the Carlsson kit would work very well fo the C55. It has the H&R kit covered for it has adjustable shocks. The ability to tune the car and stiffen it up for a track event is something you can not put a price on. The H&R kit is equal the the carlsson on its middle setting. On that setting the Carlsson is still to soft and only feels proper at 2/2 (1 firmest and 9 softest) (front/rear). If you plan to push the C55 and not just look lowered there is nothing better than the Carlsson kit. You could talk to KW and get some custom made V3's! You would be the first to have a set of V3's on a W203!

Good luck
Old 08-03-2004, 03:27 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Word has it that Carlsson Coilover kit was deisgned for the CLK55 and then applied to all the W209 and W203 cars. I would say the Carlsson kit would work very well fo the C55. It has the H&R kit covered for it has adjustable shocks. The ability to tune the car and stiffen it up for a track event is something you can not put a price on. The H&R kit is equal the the carlsson on its middle setting. On that setting the Carlsson is still to soft and only feels proper at 2/2 (1 firmest and 9 softest) (front/rear). If you plan to push the C55 and not just look lowered there is nothing better than the Carlsson kit. You could talk to KW and get some custom made V3's! You would be the first to have a set of V3's on a W203!

Good luck

Well, I guess honestly, I wont really be pushing the car on a track to really need the carlssons. Although, I am weird I think, I personally love a firm ride even around town for normal driving. Most people would hate that, but i somehow like it. My only concern is if i got the H&R's, how would i know if it would be the correct application for the C55? and not have a problem with weight issues?
Old 08-03-2004, 06:34 AM

cyncarvin,

do you have any more info about the renntech bushings?

Prasith
Old 08-03-2004, 10:46 AM

In addition, the H&R coilovers were made for the W203 sedan generically, not specific for the C32 which carries more weight over the front end. Eric must have inhaled too much tire smoke last night. The H&R's are not equivalant to the Bilstein's on the middle setting, but much softer even when compared to setting 9, which is the softest of the adjustable settings. The KW's are somewhere inbetween the two manufacturers. The differences in weight should not be a problem with any coilover system. If the C55 is lighter in the front, there should not be any problems with aftermarket springs as well. Someone with a C55 should look around the strut tower and bearing assembly to confirm that they are the same design as the C32. And what about that wider track issue? Has any wheel manufacturer listed wheel upgrades for the C55 yet? What is the offset as compared to the C32 in the same size?
Old 08-03-2004, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Prasith32
cyncarvin,

do you have any more info about the renntech bushings?

Prasith
Not feeling like posting pages of info on this so PM me your e-mail address so I can send you some info. Have a good day.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
In addition, the H&R coilovers were made for the W203 sedan generically, not specific for the C32 which carries more weight over the front end. Eric must have inhaled too much tire smoke last night. The H&R's are not equivalant to the Bilstein's on the middle setting, but much softer even when compared to setting 9, which is the softest of the adjustable settings. The KW's are somewhere inbetween the two manufacturers. The differences in weight should not be a problem with any coilover system. If the C55 is lighter in the front, there should not be any problems with aftermarket springs as well. Someone with a C55 should look around the strut tower and bearing assembly to confirm that they are the same design as the C32. And what about that wider track issue? Has any wheel manufacturer listed wheel upgrades for the C55 yet? What is the offset as compared to the C32 in the same size?
Ya tire smoke it is! You are the one asking about turning off esp and asr you could be getting your fair share of tire smoke too . So I was a bit off? My mistake. I was making the H&R kit sound better than it really is. I drove an H&R car and it rode like glass comrade to your car on 7/8 and it had far more body roll than a RENNtech sprung C32. I would say the H&R is to soft for an aggressive driver but perfect for those looking for a nice lowered stance (adjustable spring perch). Off to inhale some caffeine so I can wake up and get moving.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:11 AM

I have acquired a taste for Toyo smoke recently. Michelin's are too woody, and the Pirelli's offer a bit of lavender which ruins the flavor.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Benzo, what springs are you running with the Monolites? What is the ride height front and rear as measured from the center of the hub to the fender lip? Do the tires stick out beyond the fender's vertical axis?
I have the RENNTech lowering springs with the Monolites... i'll go ahead and measure it when i have time!!! As far as the wheel sticking out.. the wheels line up perfectly with the fenders!!! I think the Monolites with the renntech springs are the perfect setup for my C32!!
Old 08-03-2004, 02:03 PM

What tires are you running and what size up front? Does the tire bead which sticks out beyond the wheel's lip sit flush with the fender when using a straight edge? On both sides? Usually one side is a little off. Having your ride height measurements will be usefull and can be used as a comparison to Frank's and Eric's.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
How do u change the height with either the H&R or clarlsson coilovers? it it something that can be done yourself with just removing the wheel? or is something else involved?
Old 08-03-2004, 11:06 PM

E430,S500
How much do the monolites weigh? Are they lighter than HRE comp.?or BBS forge Re.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:43 AM

I believe they are lighter than those mentioned. Around 21 front, 24 rear. They are one of the lightest one piece forged wheels on the market today. They don't call them Monolites for nothing! The Carlsson Ultralights beat them by a few pounds.