C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

XM Commander

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
XM Commander

Anyone got this installed yet? I just bought one, and I was thinking about getting it put in the Ashtry slot. I have Comand, so I will just use the aux input I guess. I am not sure about where to put the antenna though.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:00 PM

2002 C32 AMG
I have an old Pioneer XM that i brought from my last car. I dont like the antena to be outside so I placed it in the area where the back speakers are located on a corner. Because the antena can operate independently (without having to touch the metal frame), it has worked great as the signal can go through the back windhsield, its bulky and ugly type of antena but its black and hides well on the back.

Torerito.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:35 AM

2006 Corvette Coupe
I have an XM Commander in my LS-430 and am thinking about getting another one for the C32. In the LS-430, the installer ran the antenna out to the trunk, near the rear glass. I had thought about asking the installer to put the antenna on the rear parcel shelf, but there was a strongly worded warning in the installation instructions for avoiding an interior mounting location.

If you get the Commander installed in the C32, please post some pictures so we can see the install. I too have COMAND so I also want to get into the audio system through the AUX connector in the glove box.