C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 owners with EVO stage II? I have a question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
C32 owners with EVO stage II? I have a question.

I'm planning to buy a car with in 2 month and c32 is one of the first one in my list. I need to drive it daily and i want some performance out of it, as i saw on evo site there's an upgrade for c32 425 hp, So can someone give me a little bit of a review on the car? And also could i drive it in the winter with winter tyres, and how fast it will be 0-60 and 1/4?

P.s i tried searching...couldnt find anything
Old 08-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Ok here we go...

the car comes with 350hp pulls the 0 to 60 in about 5 seconds and quarter mile id say on a good run u can pull a 13.2 or so....The kit ur talkin about is the stage 2 with the headers..which should give a big improvement in performance probly a 4.5 0 to 60 and quarter mile at mid 12's??? or so...get some new tires as well cuz ur gonna need alot of traction...i myself just have the stage1 with a few other mods and have a very difficult time launching..but on a good launch lol this car is very fast..its nice taking beating m3's, vettes and cars of that sort....hope this helps
Old 08-05-2004, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by loeplaya18
the car comes with 350hp pulls the 0 to 60 in about 5 seconds and quarter mile id say on a good run u can pull a 13.2 or so....The kit ur talkin about is the stage 2 with the headers..which should give a big improvement in performance probly a 4.5 0 to 60 and quarter mile at mid 12's??? or so...get some new tires as well cuz ur gonna need alot of traction...i myself just have the stage1 with a few other mods and have a very difficult time launching..but on a good launch lol this car is very fast..its nice taking beating m3's, vettes and cars of that sort....hope this helps

Nice, how about handling of c32 and petrol consumption... I curently have ml55 and it eats alot of petrol for a daily car, Oh and what about Winter driving, would it be posible to drive it in the winter with little bit snow on the roads?
Old 08-05-2004, 04:22 PM

C32 AMG
I drive my C32 as my daily driver and in the winter (with pilot sport a/s) and it is fine up to a couple inches or so. Mine is stock.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BoBcanada
Nice, how about handling of c32 and petrol consumption... I curently have ml55 and it eats alot of petrol for a daily car, Oh and what about Winter driving, would it be posible to drive it in the winter with little bit snow on the roads?
About 2 months ago, my wife bought a C32. I had it sent directly to Evosport to have abunch of upgrades done, including Stage II (minus headers). The car runs great. Even without headers the car is putting about 350 hp and 340 lb/ft torque at the rear wheel. The car launches strong and is very quick up to 120. I have had absolutely no problems and strongly recommend the Stage II upgrade to any C32 owner. It's a hell of a bargain.

As for gas... if you drive at full throttle alot, it can definitely eat through the gas, however not as badly as a SCed V8. When my wife drives the car, she fill the tank every 4 days. When I drive, the tank gets filled every other day.

I suggest upgrading to H&R coilovers (or another perfromance setup) right away. While the car isn't going to take an M3 on a track, the car handles extremely well for daily driving conditions.

There is no snow here, so I can't tell you much about that. Obviously, if you punch it in the snow, all that power is going to get you in trouble. Nevertheless, even the high powered MBs can be driven moderately. The ECU will adapt to your driving needs in the winter. Every time my wife hands me the car, it feels slow and unresponsive for the first 40 miles. Everytime i hand the car to my wife, she says it feels twitchy.

Good luck on your decision, but I say go for it.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:58 AM

C32
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
If you do alot of city driving like myself, your milage will probably not be that much better than an ML55. On the highway, you will do better, and it actually is reasonable. I usually only get 18litres/100km, in purely city driving.

The one thing I do notice, the car is significantly faster in the winter with the colder temperatures. Being in Toronto, you can get 5 months of more optimum enjoyment out of it.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by VancouverC32
If you do alot of city driving like myself, your milage will probably not be that much better than an ML55. On the highway, you will do better, and it actually is reasonable. I usually only get 18litres/100km, in purely city driving.
It's on the highway where I get my worst mileage. All those WOT sprints have the needle diving toward reserve.