C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 oil leak no visible leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 c55 amg
C55 oil leak no visible leak

So I just got the car about 2 weeks ago and I check my oil level every other day and recently I checked it and said to add 2 quarts to get to max level. So I did that and 2 days after I checked the level and it said to add 2 quart to max level again. I haven’t noticed any oil puddles under my car and when I check the oil is always at a level surface. Anyone have any idea what it could be? I don’t want to keep adding oil without actually seeing if it’s leaking or not
Old 05-16-2020, 03:11 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 S55 AMG Designo, (sold)2001 ML55 Designo, (sold)2004 C32 AMG, RIP 2005 Volvo s40 2.4i
Originally Posted by Jesusrene11
So I just got the car about 2 weeks ago and I check my oil level every other day and recently I checked it and said to add 2 quarts to get to max level. So I did that and 2 days after I checked the level and it said to add 2 quart to max level again. I haven’t noticed any oil puddles under my car and when I check the oil is always at a level surface. Anyone have any idea what it could be? I don’t want to keep adding oil without actually seeing if it’s leaking or not
ok there could be a oil burning problem IF you are driving it like you stole it or driving it very often. But i doubt it since you’ve only owned it two weeks. I suggest you don’t do add anymore oil because if you over fill there is a good chance you’ll blow seals or something and then you’ll have even more issues.

order an oil dipstick from anywhere (make sure it’s genuine or a good brand) to manually check your oil level and might as well order an oil level sensor because yours could be going bad. I suggest you don’t drive it until you figure it out. Be prepared to do a fresh oil change too. The last thing you want to do is to keep adding oil just because the car said so in such a short span of time. There is a chance that it’s burning oil really fast but man that is a low chance. Get back to us please
Old 05-16-2020, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 c55 amg
Originally Posted by Oshkoshbigjosh
ok there could be a oil burning problem IF you are driving it like you stole it or driving it very often. But i doubt it since you’ve only owned it two weeks. I suggest you don’t do add anymore oil because if you over fill there is a good chance you’ll blow seals or something and then you’ll have even more issues.

order an oil dipstick from anywhere (make sure it’s genuine or a good brand) to manually check your oil level and might as well order an oil level sensor because yours could be going bad. I suggest you don’t drive it until you figure it out. Be prepared to do a fresh oil change too. The last thing you want to do is to keep adding oil just because the car said so in such a short span of time. There is a chance that it’s burning oil really fast but man that is a low chance. Get back to us please
I haven’t given her all she got just yet lol, When I first got it i changed the oil right away which was about 2 weeks ago, I went on a 6 hour trip there and back a couple of days before this was happening is it common for these engines to consume oil on road trips? My car has about 156k miles on it. And I’ll definitely order a dip stick to just make sure if it really is leaking or a faulty sensor
Old 05-17-2020, 03:03 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Firemist O5 CLK55 Cab Silver 05 CLK55 Coupe Tanzanite 06 CLK500 Coupe
It is my experience that when these motors get up in miles they consume a fair amount of oil. I simply view it as a marginal expense per gallon....
Old 05-17-2020, 08:12 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
2005 6spd Manual C55 AMG; 2000 ML55 AMG; 1994 E420; 2008 ML63 AMG
Mine is at the same mileage, I have had it since 132k. When previously running Mobil 1 it would consume almost a quart every 1k miles if driven spiritedly. I then ran a combination of high mileage Mobil 1 10w40 and the regular 0w40 to help the seals rejuvenate and after went back to regular mobil 1. It still consumed a fair amount but not as much. Now, since switching to Castrol Edge 0w40 I have not burned anything in the first thousand miles which included a lot of hard driving and in higher temperatures as seasons changed. I know many members on here are big on Mobil 1 because it is factory recommended but honestly I don't think it has a high enough temp rating for how hot these older AMG v8's run.

Don't think the oil is your issue if it happens to be losing it that quick or if your oil level sensor has gone bad, but just something to keep in mind for your ownership moving forward. Goodluck!
Old 05-18-2020, 07:13 AM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
C55 AMG T with Kleemann K2 and some stuff: 414 hp and 576Nm :-)
I use Mobil 1 5-50 here in Europe in my C55, the 0-40 is too thin. I think the M113-engine is the last MB-engine you can use the 5-50 oil in.
If you don´t have this in the states you can use the Mobil 1 5-40, that would reduce your oilconsumption.