C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 Radio Low Volume

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 01:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 Mercedes-benz C55 AMG
C55 Radio Low Volume

Hello I have a 06 C55 AMG with the Harman Kardon sound system and I have a problem with the radio sound being very quiet. I was driving and turned the volume up from the steering wheel and it just cut out and then was very quiet i can still hear the music but maybe around like %20 of max and I can turn it up and down but it will not get louder. After a little bit it started working for a couple minutes and cut out again. The next day it was working but I noticed when driving sometimes it would slightly get quiet then back to the volume I set it at. After around 15 minutes of driving the sound cut out again to being really quiet and since then haven't had it go back up. I checked fuses and I took them out and put them back in nothing helps Im thinking it mite be something with the head unit because it would go up and down in volume sometimes when driving. Could it be the battery or does the c55 have a second battery?
Old 06-22-2020, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 100 Posts
2005 w203 C230
I experienced something similar in my C230.
It sounded like a single channel single speaker.
I lost use of phone and voice control as well...

Turning the dial and using the steering wheel controls did nothing.

I ventured to the dealer, and there they “updated” COMAND manually with 3 or 4 CDs/DVDs. It didn’t immediately return...but, about 20 minutes into the the drive home, it kicked back on!
Old 12-25-2020, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 270 CDI W209
Originally Posted by AtlasMG
Hello I have a 06 C55 AMG with the Harman Kardon sound system and I have a problem with the radio sound being very quiet. I was driving and turned the volume up from the steering wheel and it just cut out and then was very quiet i can still hear the music but maybe around like %20 of max and I can turn it up and down but it will not get louder. After a little bit it started working for a couple minutes and cut out again. The next day it was working but I noticed when driving sometimes it would slightly get quiet then back to the volume I set it at. After around 15 minutes of driving the sound cut out again to being really quiet and since then haven't had it go back up. I checked fuses and I took them out and put them back in nothing helps Im thinking it mite be something with the head unit because it would go up and down in volume sometimes when driving. Could it be the battery or does the c55 have a second battery?
Hi, I have the same problem, who do you solve it?