C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Recalls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 '06
Recalls

I posted a recall in the C-class thread and after reviewing all cars listed in Consumer Reports.org, MB had only 2 recalls! ONLY 2!!!

Chrysler lead all car makers with 30!

Ford right behind them with 23 along with Mercury with 18.

Even BMW had 12 and Audi had 7

Mercedes Benz was tied with Saab and only car makers such as Bently and Rolls Royce had less @ just 1. So with the history of MB, being only 2 all these years, thats pretty damn good out of all the major car makers they listed Go MB!
Old 08-17-2004, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
Maybe it has to do with them trying to keep their reputation up and not acknowledge faults. We all know there are common problems with these cars (air pumps, sway bar bushings, etc..) that we all have had our cars in the shop for. When I owned my Porsche, they were not afraid to acknowledge a bad design and issue a recall for even minor items. Unless you compare apples with apples, I would not take a study such as that as meaning too much, especially in the detail you are. In generality, yes Mercedes is above average, but near the top????????????????
Old 08-17-2004, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes constantly issues Tech Bulletins, recalls/bad design parts are always mentioned there. Unless you work for Mercedes, end users like us will NEVER know recalls unless it is very bad or very significant. Most of the time recalls have been performed without you even noticing it!!