C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

service it or leave it alone? - C32 SC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 02:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2002 C32
service it or leave it alone? - C32 SC

I currently have 177k miles on the clock on a 2002 C32. To my knowledge there has never been a fluid change in the supercharger. Everything under the hood is a little whinier than I think it should be. Power steering pump, A/C pulley, transmission, and S/C are all suspicious when I am considering the operating noise. It's not deafening but it is concerning.

Question: at this point (177k miles) will I stand to potentially lose more by a S/C oil change than I stand to gain?

Mark
Old 07-08-2021, 09:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by godpossessed
I currently have 177k miles on the clock on a 2002 C32. To my knowledge there has never been a fluid change in the supercharger. Everything under the hood is a little whinier than I think it should be. Power steering pump, A/C pulley, transmission, and S/C are all suspicious when I am considering the operating noise. It's not deafening but it is concerning.

Question: at this point (177k miles) will I stand to potentially lose more by a S/C oil change than I stand to gain?

Mark
You won't harm anything by doing a S/C oil change, it's not like a transmission where there's clutch material which could help with friction.

It's for lubricating the gears in the front of the SC only, the rotors are dry and the rear is dry so I would do it if it has not been done.

I'd also service your transmission regardless, the 722.6 is a beefy unit and should be fine with a service at your mileage if it's never been done.
The following users liked this post:
godpossessed (07-08-2021)