C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 03 TB harness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 02:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 C32 amg
C32 03 TB harness

Was replacing some stuff and had a replacement rn harness so I was in the process of replacing but it’s not the same. The piece has a pigtail where as mind is Connected with the harness. Anyone done this job before ? Btw I purchased the replacement new on vrp website.

Old 08-03-2021, 09:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
I had the same experience when I replaced my TB harness - it's one piece with the engine harness on C32s (at least my 2002).

I decided it's best to put the car back together and replace the TB plug from the top incase there's an issue down the track.

I cut off the old plug from the engine harness, cut off the other end from the new TB harness and soldered the new plug/wires to the corresponding wires.

I then heat shrinked the soldered connected, covered the soldered connection in engine harness tape and finally conduit to match the OEM look (overkill but at least it's insulated from the engine heat!)

Just make sure to note which colour wire corresponds to each pin on the plug or do them one at a time if there's no way to differentiate the existing wires on your harness.