C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Anyone blew out a transmission line before?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
Anyone blew out a transmission line before?

Not sure if I did something wrong when I replaced my radiator receny. It seemed pretty straight forward. Radiator was replaced a few months ago.

im stuck between wanting to completely flush the trans or just topping it off. My concern is that if it blows out again me doing a complete flush might be a waste of time. The connection seems fine but I have no reason why it blew out.

I lost quite a bit of atf.

Old 08-08-2021, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
PJmasks, What is the yellow object that I've circled? 🤔
The following users liked this post:
hyperion667 (08-08-2021)
Old 08-08-2021, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think its just the metal piece the hose goes into. Its soaked in atf so light from my flash light is making it look yellow.

Looking at the clip, its definetly positioned wront. It shohld be facing down and towards the middle of the car. I might have even positioned my top one wrong. Its safe to say I got lucky this happened a few miles away from my home. Now just gotta hope the trans is fine.

This is thentop one. The metal clip should ve pointing towards the top of the car not to the side.

Old 08-08-2021, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Now I see why it looks yellow. The only 2 reasons those lines come off is either you didn't push it in all the way....or the clip was not in place. I wouldn't bother with a flush...you already did that...all your old fluid is on the ground. 😃 If you were driving around town at low speeds your trans is ok, on the highway...it's toast. Happened to me back in 1993. Came to a stop at the bottom of an exit ramp in my 1969 Dodge Dart. The engine stalled and wouldn't restart as the trans had sprung a leak on I-95 and seized once I stopped. I had to walk through a really bad neighborhood to get to a pay phone!
Old 08-08-2021, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
Now I see why it looks yellow. The only 2 reasons those lines come off is either you didn't push it in all the way....or the clip was not in place. I wouldn't bother with a flush...you already did that...all your old fluid is on the ground. 😃 If you were driving around town at low speeds your trans is ok, on the highway...it's toast. Happened to me back in 1993. Came to a stop at the bottom of an exit ramp in my 1969 Dodge Dart. The engine stalled and wouldn't restart as the trans had sprung a leak on I-95 and seized once I stopped. I had to walk through a really bad neighborhood to get to a pay phone!

I gunned it pretty hard off the light and it blew up. Car started to hesitate on the throttle a bit before I was able to pull over in a paking lot. I guess well find out. Ill lift it up and take the pan off
Old 08-08-2021, 09:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 C55
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey

For those under 30.... What's a Pay Phone?
The following 2 users liked this post by thirteendog:
E55Greasemonkey (08-08-2021), hyperion667 (08-08-2021)