what a disaster this car is!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 12:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32
Angry what a disaster this car is!

i own this c32 for 4 months its a nightmare bought through phoenix motor group certified and all cars never been in an accident. ever since day one i've had it its been eating batteries alive and i am on the 4th battery but yesterday was the end i went to start it and nothing the key wasnt even working deader then dead. called roadside they didnt even know what to do then i called north american and had a nice talk with them. 20 mins later got a call from a head mercedes technician in charge of ny longisland area and he tol dme he would have the car towed to the dealer and he meet me there. all short story the cars been there since sat and they cannot start the car and cannot get anything to work! i am soo pissed what luck
Old 09-14-2004, 03:17 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I guess I can understand what you are saying after reading it the third time.

good luck getting it fixed.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:46 AM

06 E55 current, M5 Sold, C32 Sold, 330xi Sold
C32s are a pain in the *** when they arnt working properly, but the times they work right it feels like you have one of the best cars in the world.. good luck hope everything works out for you..
Old 09-14-2004, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by viper
Took me a couple of reads also to see what he was getting at.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by amg1c32
i own this c32 for 4 months its a nightmare bought through phoenix motor group certified and all cars never been in an accident. ever since day one i've had it its been eating batteries alive and i am on the 4th battery but yesterday was the end i went to start it and nothing the key wasnt even working deader then dead. called roadside they didnt even know what to do then i called north american and had a nice talk with them. 20 mins later got a call from a head mercedes technician in charge of ny longisland area and he tol dme he would have the car towed to the dealer and he meet me there. all short story the cars been there since sat and they cannot start the car and cannot get anything to work! i am soo pissed what luck
I would start by looking at the non-factory mods you have and start by disconnecting those. Then start pulling the fuses on a few options and seeing if the current drops when one of the systems are disabled.

The only way to kill the battery is to wear it out with usage or keep drawing too much power when idle.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
Is it true that it drains your battery if you put the key in the lock and leave it there in position 0?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MB AMG
Is it true that it drains your battery if you put the key in the lock and leave it there in position 0?
The car is constantly draining the battery, that is why the thing is so huge. It works out that if you drive the car at least once a week you have no problems.