C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Mirror housing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Capri Blue C32
Mirror housing

Need help! I came out of the grocery store a few minutes ago and drove away. I looked down and noticed that the display said "Turn signal, right mirror, check lights". I looked over and see that the mirror housing is hanging off!! U-turn back to the store to see if some a-hole parked beside me hit the mirror, but can't find any evidence. I looked at the housing and no signs of impact, no scratches, no broken or cracked plastic...nothing. But, I can't get it to fit snugly in place. The driver's side is on very tight so I can't take it off and compare. I'm an engineer, and I know designs of snaps, latches, etc. I can't seem to figure out how this housing attaches to the mirror assembly! Unless something is missing.......... It slides into place, the blinker lights all work (the connectors slide together ok). But the thing is just very loose. Does anyone have any helpful information? If I take it to the dealer, I'm sure they will say it was hit and not covered under warranty.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:38 PM

05' MB C-dblenckel
Originally Posted by jayitx
Need help! I came out of the grocery store a few minutes ago and drove away. I looked down and noticed that the display said "Turn signal, right mirror, check lights". I looked over and see that the mirror housing is hanging off!! U-turn back to the store to see if some a-hole parked beside me hit the mirror, but can't find any evidence. I looked at the housing and no signs of impact, no scratches, no broken or cracked plastic...nothing. But, I can't get it to fit snugly in place. The driver's side is on very tight so I can't take it off and compare. I'm an engineer, and I know designs of snaps, latches, etc. I can't seem to figure out how this housing attaches to the mirror assembly! Unless something is missing.......... It slides into place, the blinker lights all work (the connectors slide together ok). But the thing is just very loose. Does anyone have any helpful information? If I take it to the dealer, I'm sure they will say it was hit and not covered under warranty.
take it to the dlr, they should be able to have a service person install it right back for you in no time...that's if all the parts are in-tact as you mentioned...just tell them that it fell off and started dangling as you were driving.... or it may be some punk trying to steal one of your bulbs/mirror as a replacement to their burnt/broken one cuz they're too cheap to buy a new one and someone may have interrupted their heist so they jetted w/o finishing the job..... someone did that to my 530i, they took a screwdriver and jacked my bulb from my license plate lights!!! I didn't notice until I drove off and the computer warned, "CHECK REAR LIGHT BULB" and I got out and saw the cover dangling over the plate....
Old 09-16-2004, 06:17 PM

2004 Capri Blue C32
Got it back on. The metal clip was pushed in so it would slide back and forth without catching. I pried it bak in place with a flathead and the housing just stuck back on. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:21 PM

05' MB C-dblenckel
Originally Posted by jayitx
Got it back on. The metal clip was pushed in so it would slide back and forth without catching. I pried it bak in place with a flathead and the housing just stuck back on. Thanks.
well done!!!