Need Help: Hood Stuck can't open

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
Need Help: Hood Stuck can't open

hi,

well i got my grille painted black a couple weeks ago. today i decided to clean the car and i wanted to pop the hood to let it cool down faster, but when i tried to poen the hood, it didn't open like it was jammed or something. the hood-release-latch works, i.e. it ejects the pull-latch attached to the grille, but, when i try to open the hood by pulling and lifting the usual latch, it is jammed and nothing works. i think it has to do with the instillation of the grille and its attachment to the hood-mechanism. any way to work on the hood-mechanism from the outside, or to any other way to open the hood? please help if you know any other way, i can't open my hood at all which is dangerous in case somehting goes wrong. thanks!

i paid for a new grille and had it painted black (total of $250) because one was oringally cracked, so i am scared to lift too hard and break the grille. also, if i bring it to a dealer they can very well say that it is aftermarket painted and that the hood-mechanism was tampered with.