Supercharger woes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 04:26 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Honestly go banter to someone else. I have total respect for MB and think the average Mercedes Benz customer is a pain in the butt. This along wiht a SLIGHT slip in quality is why the CSI for many dealerships is low (same with JD power ratings). People buy their first entry level MB and act like they are the biggest things to grace the world since Einstein . Go talk to the people who work for dealerships and to the people who run the rental car counter at the dealerships. They will tell you that the biggest pains in the butt are those who drive the cheaper cars. An S500/S600 driver just comes in, goes with the flow, and leaves his car. I personally give them the keys, tell them to park it inside, and to call me when it’s done. Funny how my cars are always working fine. The people who expect magic are the ones that moan the loudest and look ratings have fallen as MB changed their market demographic.

I sometimes find my self standing in the service drive laughing at people for I swear they are smoking something when they come in. They all blame the dealership for damage they did to their cars and try to get everything for free. Its a riot to watch really.

Go back to where you have come or go buy an IS300 and whine to Lexus service writers. Did you know that Lexus service centers are the highest grossing in the industry? Funny imagine that! Now if their cars work perfectly all the time do you think they could turn such a profit? No it’s the customer that makes the difference. A Lexus driver does not give a hoot with the small things while people expect a MB to be perfect. Lexus left the market of in car phones and this one item has cost MB many slots in the JDpower ratings. Mercedes wanted to offer the phones as an integrated part of the car but there are many places that version coding and component communication can go amiss. Lexus said its to tricky lets skip it. Ill take it and endure the inevitable hick ups along the way.

I have seen that darn graph enough to puke.

Regards
very well said

I can name few on this board that does nothing but complain and said something stupid like "I got the car for the cookies and free car washes"
Old 10-01-2004, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Peench
I'm trading in my C32 for a Buick.

Ya think a buick owner would notice a weak control arm bushing? Rattle in the interior? ticking lifter? HECK NO!!! Believe me Buicks are junk! Not saying I took you seriously but buick owners are a joke. Im not that old yet!

Keep the benz
Old 10-01-2004, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E500
Honestly go banter to someone else
This forum is voluntary. If this content displeases you, YOU go somewhere else. You can go banter until your heart's content with your rose-colored glasses. Your emotionally based and hard-pressed conclusions are hardly worthy of an informed discussion anyway. People like you (psychologically attached and blind) feel that if one states a fact that is less than flattering about a given car, then they should not have the car at all; as if all car owners must be in a dream world and turn a blind eye to everything so that the comfort pillow types like you can bask in and maintain justification for your purchase. Does it disturb you when others report mishaps; as if it affected your weak mental zones? Is it too much to bear that others are having issues with something you bought too? You should be pleased that it isn't you, not woefully indifferent because it makes YOU feel better.

If you've had good luck, then so be it. This would go for all who have been so fortunate to have issue free cars. But this type of customer is dwindling fast and for good reason; even reasons that MB acknowledges themselves.

This along wiht a SLIGHT slip in quality is why the CSI for many dealerships is low (same with JD power ratings).
Slight? Please. Glad you’re not reading my financial spreadsheets.

People buy their first entry level MB and act like they are the biggest things to grace the world since Einstein
For your information (you seem to need plenty of help here), MB has more problems with their higher priced cars than their lower priced models. If you could learn to read and comprehend, I have already stated that of the (update: 600 + cars - the latest report said) they recalled in a single move, these were not "entry level" cars. Besides, in general, the V12's have had more issues than the others. Again, just check the history. All facts MB should not translate to the world according to you. You being happy with your car is no bearing on the overall facts!

people who expect magic are the ones that moan the loudest and look ratings have fallen as MB changed their market demographic.
What a joke! The issues being logged by Mercedes; service bulletins, the recalls, are for issues beyond the "magic" which you foolishly suggest. They recalled hundreds of thousands of cars for brake issues (and more)! You speak with emotion and little reason. Your personal experiences offset everything else. The "riot" reference is people like you. MB has the professionalism to admit their mishaps and deal with this. If things were left up to you, MB would be out of business for gross indifference!

Your MB to Lexus arguments does not merit discussion. Both makes have cutting edge components. One is suffering (far) fewer service issues. Everything else you'll make of it is conjecture at best.

I have seen that darn graph enough to puke
Then don’t look. Do your ostrich impersonation. It seems to comfort you really well at the expense of revealing your woeful indifference. Your security blanket is your denial. Your inconsideration of others not so fortunate is quite pronounced. Others should just tolerate their mishaps because you would rather these things not be so. This way you don’t have to hear about it and this comforts your emotional dwelling. Anything else?

You and people like you miss the point far more than those you call out for “complaining.” You think that all things have to be as you see it and allow no tolerance for any other view or experience. Absolute indifference and blatant disrespect for others who have not been as lucky as you purport to be. You’re far worse than the people you “laugh at.” Far worse.

For the record, I am a longtime MB enthusiast, owner, club member, event participant, and planner. I even promote their brand image per the media productions I present which MB uses to propel their labeling and imagery. I am VERY familiar with their ins and outs and the pros and cons. I am just honest and mentally stable enough to see both sides and put things in their proper perspective without turning a blind eye to anything. Being in the dark is no position to chastise others from. Its people like yourself that lack the hard numbers. Again, all things MB are not all things you.

I should present your narrative (along with others here) to all the many poor people who are experiencing dreadful situations and excessive cost, time, and labor in the process within the various MB publications. Because it’s clear that even though MB is hearing their pain, people like you can’t handle the implications (for your own emotional reasons, evidently) and would rather reveal your atrocious inconsideration.

These (numerous) folks would tell you exactly where you could go and “banter.” Would they ever.

And its not just here, either. MB’s own service bulletins, internal reports, recalls and more can establish the facts. But you have no interest in this. You’d rather no one confused (or disturbed) you with the facts, because you have your convictions already, based on your personal experiences. And that’s all that matters anyway. Right?

As long as nothing affects you personally, then not only should no one else ever complain about their service issues, you’d rather they pretended that these issues did not even exist because it makes YOU feel better about you, your car, and your decision in having said car. Pure selfishness.

Finally, should you ever have a service issue, best not report it here. People like me might be tracking this and repost your ridiculous and uncompassionate statements here to ward off any sympathy one would ever have for you, now that you’re back down to earth and something had actually happened to ole number one; you! These service issues are only phantoms anyhow, right? These people expect “magic” and are “entry level” buyers who “are smoking something,” etc., right?

Real nice. Real caring and considerate.

How about this, let’s make a deal. For every service issue that arises (which anyone would deem significant) to the members of those forum over just the next 6 months, instead of having MB foot the bill, we’ll arrange for all these to be sent to you. If there are cases where people expect “magic,” then you can vote them out. But for all major issues (and they’ll be plenty), it’s your tab. Then you could feel the impact. Then you would adjust your position real fast.

All cars have issues. Service responsibility is by many studies in further decline. This is a fairly universal thing. MB is no exception. But the issue here is that people like you are too intolerant to even acknowledge much less understand anything beyond yourself. This is the point. Sad and unfair.

Last edited by c2jones; 10-01-2004 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:06 PM

05 E500
I can name few on this board that does nothing but complain and said something stupid like "I got the car for the cookies and free car washes"
But these are not the types of which I (and MB) are referring to.

MB recognizes serious issues as a call to action. Its real sad that people like yourself cannot. Do you suppose that these hundreds of thousands of recalls this year alone, done voluntarily by MB have anything to do with people who just bought their cars for "cookies and car washes"? Please, let's be real.

When you only site the people you do, you also thereby discount and (dispute the integrity) of all those with legitimate issues.

Let's be more equitable and considerate than this.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:35 PM

05 E500
Then why do you still own a Mercedes? After hearing from you, one would think that they are the biggest piece of crap on the planet, and that it's damn near impossible to get them fixed.
I will own what I please. I can except that all cars have problems from time to time (which is more than others here will state) and I am capable of factoring what car I'll drive compared to the tolerances (if any) regarding service matters. In the end, its a matter of choice and budget. When people pay extra for a MB, they expect more, as they should. But the issues I referred to are not trivial, and if you are who you say you are, you should very well know this. (Seems like you're in the garage too much and don't learn of the detailed statistics. Ask your Service Manager to fill you in on the recalls, etc.) Honestly.

And I have never implied that MB were "peices of crap." That's your translation. My involvement with MB goes well beyond this forum. I'm just honest. You should try it too.

Our dealer's (and our regions) 95%+ SES (Service Experience Satisfaction, I believe) score would indicate that
Now you know how these service writers plead with customers to put "excellent" in every category of these MBUSA surveys. Many people do this in spite of the fact that they came in with a problem. Being pleased that the service writer gave them decent care, people will often be very generous on those surveys. I have written letters for and against MB service policies. I could tell you lots of stories, both good and bad.

Cars break, technicians are fallible, stuff happens but i don't think its as bad as the numbers on your chart indicate.
Yes, but at what level and at what price of car, how often and how severe? These are the questions. And, the chart was not mine; its JD Powers, and its hardly unique per these findings. Finally, respectfully, what does what you "think" have to do with what you would know if you only looked into this further? There's where the truth resides. These are logged incidents that come in for service. These are the numbers. Do you think that owners of less expensive cars tolerate more than MB owners? I don't believe this. Many MB owners will ignore problems so that they don't have to explain why their car is missing and they're in a rental for days or longer. It happens a lot. (You should read MB enthusiast publications.)

Having a "Star on the hood" only means that they're buying a brand name that (at least used to be) known for quality. It is not wrong for people to expect quality. Major mechanical issues (which MB admits) is more than one should expect in any frequency.

Rather than inaptly trying to counter this, why don't you just wait for MB's statements on all this next month. Or, better yet, given you're who you say, then you'll be witnessing more and more attention on the matter in the upcoming months (and year) right at your own facility.

Last edited by c2jones; 10-01-2004 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
I will own what I please. I can except that all cars have problems from time to time (which is more than others here will state) and I am capable of factoring what car I'll drive compared to the tolerances (if any) regarding service matters. In the end, its a matter of choice and budget. When people pay extra for a MB, they expect more, as they should. But the issues I referred to are not trivial, and if you are who you say you are, you should very well know this. (Seems like you're in the garage too much and don't learn of the detailed statistics. Ask your Service Manager to fill you in on the recalls, etc.) Honestly.

And I have never implied that MB were "peices of crap." That's your translation. My involvement with MB goes well beyond this forum. I'm just honest. You should try it too.
Quote:
Our dealer's (and our regions) 95%+ SES (Service Experience Satisfaction, I believe) score would indicate that

Now you know how these service writers plead with customers to put "excellent" in every category of these MBUSA surveys. Many people do this in spite of the fact that they came in with a problem. Being pleased that the service writer gave them decent care, people will often be very generous on those surveys. I have written letters for and against MB service policies. I could tell you lots of stories, both good and bad.
Quote:
Cars break, technicians are fallible, stuff happens but i don't think its as bad as the numbers on your chart indicate.

Yes, but at what level and at what price of car, how often and how severe? These are the questions. And, the chart was not mine; its JD Powers, and its hardly unique per these findings. Finally, respectfully, what does what you "think" have to do with what you would know if you only looked into this further? There's where the truth resides. These are logged incidents that come in for service. These are the numbers. Do you think that owners of less expensive cars tolerate more than MB owners? I don't believe this. Many MB owners will ignore problems so that they don't have to explain why their car is missing and they're in a rental for days or longer. It happens a lot. (You should read MB enthusiast publications.)

Having a "Star on the hood" only means that they're buying a brand name that (at least used to be) known for quality. It is not wrong for people to expect quality. Major mechanical issues (which MB admits) is more than one should expect in any frequency.

Rather than inaptly trying to counter this, why don't you just wait for MB's statements on all this next month. Or, better yet, given you're who you say, then you'll be witnessing more and more attention on the matter in the upcoming months (and year) right at your own facility.

MB recognizes serious issues as a call to action. Its real sad that people like yourself cannot. Do you suppose that these hundreds of thousands of recalls this year alone, done voluntarily by MB have anything to do with people who just bought their cars for "cookies and car washes"? Please, let's be real.

When you only site the people you do, you also thereby discount and (dispute the integrity) of all those with legitimate issues.

This forum is voluntary. If this content displeases you, YOU go somewhere else. You can go banter until your heart's content with your rose-colored glasses. Your emotionally based and hard-pressed conclusions are hardly worthy of an informed discussion anyway. People like you (psychologically attached and blind) feel that if one states a fact that is less than flattering about a given car, then they should not have the car at all; as if all car owners must be in a dream world and turn a blind eye to everything so that the comfort pillow types like you can bask in and maintain justification for your purchase. Does it disturb you when others report mishaps; as if it affected your weak mental zones? Is it too much to bear that others are having issues with something you bought too? You should be pleased that it isn't you, not woefully indifferent because it makes YOU feel better.

If you've had good luck, then so be it. This would go for all who have been so fortunate to have issue free cars. But this type of customer is dwindling fast and for good reason; even reasons that MB acknowledges themselves.
Quote:
This along wiht a SLIGHT slip in quality is why the CSI for many dealerships is low (same with JD power ratings).

Slight? Please. Glad you’re not reading my financial spreadsheets.
Quote:
People buy their first entry level MB and act like they are the biggest things to grace the world since Einstein

For your information (you seem to need plenty of help here), MB has more problems with their higher priced cars than their lower priced models. If you could learn to read and comprehend, I have already stated that of the (update: 600 + cars - the latest report said) they recalled in a single move, these were not "entry level" cars. Besides, in general, the V12's have had more issues than the others. Again, just check the history. All facts MB should not translate to the world according to you. You being happy with your car is no bearing on the overall facts!
Quote:
people who expect magic are the ones that moan the loudest and look ratings have fallen as MB changed their market demographic.

What a joke! The issues being logged by Mercedes; service bulletins, the recalls, are for issues beyond the "magic" which you foolishly suggest. They recalled hundreds of thousands of cars for brake issues (and more)! You speak with emotion and little reason. Your personal experiences offset everything else. The "riot" reference is people like you. MB has the professionalism to admit their mishaps and deal with this. If things were left up to you, MB would be out of business for gross indifference!

Your MB to Lexus arguments does not merit discussion. Both makes have cutting edge components. One is suffering (far) fewer service issues. Everything else you'll make of it is conjecture at best.
Quote:
I have seen that darn graph enough to puke

Then don’t look. Do your ostrich impersonation. It seems to comfort you really well at the expense of revealing your woeful indifference. Your security blanket is your denial. Your inconsideration of others not so fortunate is quite pronounced. Others should just tolerate their mishaps because you would rather these things not be so. This way you don’t have to hear about it and this comforts your emotional dwelling. Anything else?

You and people like you miss the point far more than those you call out for “complaining.” You think that all things have to be as you see it and allow no tolerance for any other view or experience. Absolute indifference and blatant disrespect for others who have not been as lucky as you purport to be. You’re far worse than the people you “laugh at.” Far worse.

For the record, I am a longtime MB enthusiast, owner, club member, event participant, and planner. I even promote their brand image per the media productions I present which MB uses to propel their labeling and imagery. I am VERY familiar with their ins and outs and the pros and cons. I am just honest and mentally stable enough to see both sides and put things in their proper perspective without turning a blind eye to anything. Being in the dark is no position to chastise others from. Its people like yourself that lack the hard numbers. Again, all things MB are not all things you.

I should present your narrative (along with others here) to all the many poor people who are experiencing dreadful situations and excessive cost, time, and labor in the process within the various MB publications. Because it’s clear that even though MB is hearing their pain, people like you can’t handle the implications (for your own emotional reasons, evidently) and would rather reveal your atrocious inconsideration.

These (numerous) folks would tell you exactly where you could go and “banter.” Would they ever.

And its not just here, either. MB’s own service bulletins, internal reports, recalls and more can establish the facts. But you have no interest in this. You’d rather no one confused (or disturbed) you with the facts, because you have your convictions already, based on your personal experiences. And that’s all that matters anyway. Right?

As long as nothing affects you personally, then not only should no one else ever complain about their service issues, you’d rather they pretended that these issues did not even exist because it makes YOU feel better about you, your car, and your decision in having said car. Pure selfishness.

Finally, should you ever have a service issue, best not report it here. People like me might be tracking this and repost your ridiculous and uncompassionate statements here to ward off any sympathy one would ever have for you, now that you’re back down to earth and something had actually happened to ole number one; you! These service issues are only phantoms anyhow, right? These people expect “magic” and are “entry level” buyers who “are smoking something,” etc., right?

Real nice. Real caring and considerate.
Blah - Blah - Blah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look C2Jones - no offense, but if you have this much time too write a whole book on what you think about MB service - my friend you have way too much time on your hands.

Get a life, step outside, smell the air, go for a walk. Nothing mechanical is worth this much of your time. And for that matter of our time to reply to this.

Sorry dude, but I can not think of any other term but Metrosexual.

May be I am wrong. May be I am not. Relax and chill - enjoy your car.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:39 AM

05 E500
but if you have this much time too write a whole book
Actually its not as time consuming as it may look. I'm a very fast typer.

on what you think about MB service
Believe it or not, I'm just looking to make some pertinent clarifications. My intention was not to beat up MB, but rather, only to counter notions of these reports being the result of entry level buyers "whining" over trivial things. That's not where this is at whatsoever.

my friend you have way too much time on your hands
What is "too much time"? Isn't it relative to the person? The key is how much free time one has over and above what is their mandatory workload time in order to be successful. If one can be successful and still have plenty of free time, then it seems this is what the goal should be about. I try to maximize my life to have both free time and the resources to enjoy it. This is the subscription for success and pleasure in my book. You should try it.

Get a life, step outside, smell the air, go for a walk
All things are fine in this regard. You should be so lucky.

Nothing mechanical is worth this much of your time
Seems this was "mechanically" burdensome for you and your time, far more than mine. If this was too laborious to read, then why spend your "time"?

And for that matter of our time to reply to this
Ah, I see your deficit. You see, no one mandates that you take the time to even read (much less respond) to this or any other posting. This is all strictly voluntary. Its just like a radio station that you do not enjoy. The simple fix? Just turn the station "dude." See how easy? (Honestly?)

but I can not think of any other term but Metrosexual
You have a vivid imagination. Now was it you that said *I* had too much time on *my* hands?

May be I am wrong
You're at least wrong. (Actually, I think this entire latter portion of the thread has been fueled by misperceptions and overeaching conclusions.)

Relax and chill - enjoy your car.
I do enjoy my cars. I am quite an enthusiast of automotive technology and styling in general, MB in particular. Just because I have the ability to maintain accuracy in gauging service mishaps, does not depleat my enthusiasm for the make overall.

And, about the chilling part, absolutely. This is no sweat for me, really. For many years my expertise was debate (having areas of psychology/law/business stratagems to work with) and this is hardly requiring any real effort. None of this is personal. Its just what I feel is proper response to miscalculations elsewhere. Very easy. No big deal. No real effort.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:59 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by c2jones

then why are you here complaining?

you think we don't know that MB's been slipping since the early 90's? LMAO my question is that if you are worry about all the recall and stuff so much, why did you buy a MB; a C230k to be more specific? Or you are one of those ppl like CynCarvin said that thinks just because you bought a MB it shouldn't have any faults?

I wonder if this is your/your family's first MB or not?

From the way you responded to our replies, etc. you sounded exactly like the person I was describing. No offense.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:30 AM

05 E500
then why are you here complaining
Frank, you need to go back and effectively reread the postings.

I am not complaining. I was setting the record straight. I understand the setbacks that MB is having, and furthermore, I appreciate their acknowledging of said setbacks and their steps to remedy as much. However, others who do have issues should not be chastised and called liars. They have paid every bit as much money as we have and they deserve just as much service and respect for their purchase as you and I enjoy.

Moreover, as repeatedly stated, I am a longtime enthusiast, MBCA club member, and am actively involved with their corporate branding promotions as a whole, both nationally and soon internationally.

I was merely countering these rediculous notions that the only reason MB has poor JD Power ratings was because of "entry level buyers" who "expect magic," and that simply by "being friendly" with service writers that one will not have "any problems." This is preposterous. Some feel that just because they are not having issues that all others are making it all up. This is more than just stupid, its blind, selfish and extremely unfair.

All one has to do is take an honest approach to learning the facts and these silly notions above would be simple to discount. But NO ONE here seems capable of doing this. The massive recalls MB had this year did not involve "entry level" cars whatsoever. I have said this several times. This is really simple.

you think we don't know that MB's been slipping since the early 90's?
No, I "don't think you know," at least until now, because YOU are the first one to admit this. Others, one in particular, are discounting this "slipping" and are saying things like, "funny, I never have any problems," and that it boils down to "first time owners who expect too much" and thus this "slipping" in not really happening. This is absurd. If you know better, then we're on the same page. I'm not bashing MB. I'm only refuting that they are without their problems and that "entry level buyers" are the reasons for the markups. (Again, just check the SB's, recalls, public statements, etc.)

See article: "What's Happening to Mercedes-Benz?" (July/August/September/October) in The Star Magazine, the Mercedes-Benz Club of America official publication. And that's just the start.

my question is that if you are worry about all the recall and stuff so much, why did you buy a MB
I have also answered this already too. I am not worried about recalls. I Never said I was. I spoke of my alliances with MB. I am a proud owner and brand imaging affiliate for MB. We're only talking about honesty here, not loyalty.

I defend MB in outside automotive forums and have been for years. If you read those (other) forums, you would know were I stand. Others from the outside forums would never believe that I am having to defend myself from silly conclusions about the merits of MB. Of course, these others would absolute drown you guys out for trying to dispell MB service issues as if they were not present. This topic gets plenty of attention these days, including from reliable sources to authenticate those opposing you.

a C230k to be more specific?
The C230 is my wife's car. We've had others. The signature is just leftover from when I was posting photos of the special blue tinting. (We have never had any real problems with it. The C230 has held up very well.) Its the far more pricey models that have been taking the hits. If one were really in the know, respectfully, these things would not have to be repeated. These "slippings" are are hardly a secret.

Or you are one of those ppl like CynCarvin said that thinks just because you bought a MB it shouldn't have any faults?
I don't believe that you are acurate upon what he said. In fact, his notion was that MB simply doesn't have the faults (that the records show) and that others are expecting too much. He is still wrong (very wrong), but for reasons apart from what you're saying.

We can all love our MB's. I certainly do. I'm just not in the dark about their "recent slipping" in quality control as you seem to understand. MB themsleves is not denying this. The only reason why some forum members deny what MB is admitting is for their own personal (blind, enotional, and indifferent) dispositions.

From the way you responded to our replies, etc. you sounded exactly like the person I was describing.
I'm sorry and perplexed how you could adopt such an errant translation. I could give (and have given in this and other forums) a long list of reasons why *I* think that MB is going through these woes. But these have nothing to do with my brand loyalty to them. I also like other brands as well. I don't make MB like a religion or cult in which I lack the mental stability to acknowledge that there have been issues. Others seem woefully in the dark, strangely, and 'need to believe' that all is well. Pure emotional.

No offense.
None taken. This is a forum for points and counter points. Its not (or at least should not be) taken personally.

I feel that others in this thread are hopelessly misaligned with their thinking. Its their right. I wish it wasn't so. The best way to make use of the forum is for owners to help each other, not deny that there is anything to help. The thread originator only wanted the former. These latter discounting notions turned this into something it shouldn't be.

Last edited by c2jones; 10-04-2004 at 02:38 AM.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:35 PM

2002 C32
Picked up my car.

Thank you to everyone for their responses. The thread seemed to have taken an odd twist.

I did finally get my car back from the dealership today. The supercharger and coolant pump were both replaced under warranty. The car does seem to idle more quietly and seems more responsive. Not sure if that feeling is from driving a 2.5 X type loaner for so long or if really does run better.

The service that was the original purpose of my visit (front pads & rotors) was completed for a reasonable price $485. Although the wait and lack of communication was rather frustrating, in the end I am fairly pleased with the outcome.

The service manager said he complained to Mercedes Corp that their parts supplier has quality problems.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:29 PM

05 E500
The thread seemed to have taken an odd twist.
Yes, sadly it did. Some felt that all experiences must match their own to have merit.

For my part, then, as now, I had concern for your issue and respect for you as a fellow owner who was going through a service matter.

The surveys that will be sent to you soon have their purpose. Be honest and forthcoming about your entire experience. This is where your voice is heard. If you don't, you only further hinder the process from working like it should. One is either part of the problem or they're part of the solution. Seems to me that you're the type that's on the solution side. Denial never leads to solutions - a lesson others have yet to learn.

Bear in mind that one downside of the survey process is that the surveys are set up to regulate the dealerships more than corporate, which allows a significant loophole in the corrective measure. In your "comments" section, make sure to express your full impression upon both the dealership and the corporate process.

Finally, I hope your supercharger issue is fully resolved. If not, stand up and be counted. Don't hesitate to get MBUSA involved, even in matters stem from them. (I have done this with success.) You deserve to have a reliably mechnical car for the money you spend as much as the next. Never hesitiate to post your matters here.

All the best.

Happy motoring.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:52 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW E30. I've turned to the dark side.
Wow, you have a WHOLE lot more time than I do. I' really not trying to be argumentative but, you seem to be just like the person who smokes, then *****es and moans about how they feel out-of-breath, and cough all the time. Then they curse cigarettes for how horrible they are as they light one up. Mercedes quality has always been, for lack of a better description, GERMAN. In the 70's and 80's it was near impossible to keep oil in them. 380 timing chains were made of stretchium, 90's cars couldn't keep an electron flowing through a wire, or control unit for that matter. For all the gadgets and performance that these cars have. I'm losing interest in this. I'll tune in next week to your winded reply.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:59 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
BMW E30. I've turned to the dark side.
BTW, my apologies to Mlee1999 for abusing his thread
Old 01-27-2005, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Another thread gone because of c2jones' thoughtless prolemb-provoking posts.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:03 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 Brilliant Silver C55
Tt

Not that I nor would many members take the time to read the pontifications of some of the members of this forum but it appears to be "troll talk" and reminds me of the old saying, "Opinoins are like *******s everyone has one and they all stick but some stick more than others."

This thread like so many others is and
Old 01-31-2005, 10:16 AM

06 SLK 55, 06 S4 avant, 05 Jetta GLI, 04 Boxster S
Holy crap.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:39 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 Brilliant Silver C55
This thread reminds me of the following question: "If you could connect your computer to a vast network of information, how would you use this service?"

A. Gather valuable scientific information.

B. Improve my education.

C. Demonstrate my complete lack of personality by spending countless hours
typing inane and often obscene and obscure sentences that can be
viewed by people just like me in "real time".

If you answered "C" above, what should that service be called?

A. Computer Chat.

B. I'm a Moron and I'll Prove It!

C. Good-bye Real World.