C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Static Hiss while listening to aux?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Static Hiss while listening to aux?

For those of you that use the aux connection in the glove box, do you get a static hiss, very slight, in the background, more evident at low volumes or quiter parts in the songs, but it's there. it isnt engine noise, it's more of the sound you get when you listen to a cassete. do you guys get that hiss? is it just my mp3 player or is that normal when using an aux setup such as that one? i dont have an ipod but i am about to get one, will i get the same hiss? also, would that hiss still exist if i got the itrip? (the thing that sends your music to an fm station on your radio). How is the soudn of the itrip attachment to the ipod compared to the aux? Thanks.

i also posted this question on the audio board section of this website and someone said somethign about a line conditioner? what's that? where could i get it from? if that is the solution i mean.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
I get a hiss when I'm charging my ipod and playing it at the sametime. No hiss when it's just the ipod.... Not sure why that is?
Old 10-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, im not using the ipod right now, im getting one soon, like within a week. could it be the mp3 player i am using now? it is a very high quality player the one i am using now so i assuem it wil be the same thing with the ipod as well. you just plug a male plug into the headphoine jack and the other end of the wire is another make plug into the aux port right? are there any wires i can put between any of the connectiosn to eliminate or minimize the hiss?