C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

I think i learned a new trick on my C32...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cars and boats!
I think i learned a new trick on my C32...

I dont know, could be a psychological thing but I htink i learned a new trick on my car today. So I have been observing how the clutch on the kompressor pulley acts, when it lets off to save gas, when it is engaged and I have made a few conclusions about it. Well to make a long story short heres what I kinda figured out... the car goes into boost at 1/2 throttle only up to about 10-12psi and then if u stay at 1/2 throttle for about 3 seconds the s/c will disengage via the clutch. I dont knwo if some of you ever had this problem... you are cruising at 1/2 throttle or evenn 1/4 throttle and a car flies by you, you try to punch it to catch up but the car does downshift but rev kinda slow like it needs time for the boost to build. Well, with my boost gauge i found that when i let off and get back on at almost 1/2 throttle and all low the s/c to build 10psi of boost and punch it from there, the car will downshift and build from 10psi up, instead of having to engage the clutch again and start with a lot less boost. I tried this and 2 results.... s/c was louder and the car "felt" like it pulled harder. I dont knwo, somebody with a boost gauge try this and let me knwo what you think.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:06 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
SL65 R230
Wink

Hi folks,
I am from Germany and drive a SLK32 with now 14.000 KM. German specification with 354 HP.
Very interesting thoughts with your boost gauge. I dont have a boost gauge, so its a little bit tricky to notice when full boost is there. If I understand you right, you give half throttle first to build up boost to 10 psi and then full throttle to shift down with full boost.
Did you notice that the supercharger does not cut off if you are above 3.000 rpm ? I think over 3.000 rpm on my slk32 ,the boost is there immediately because the supercharger then is always working. Up to which revs your supercharger will disengage ?
Another method to build up speed immediately is to push the speedshift a little to the left and hold it for a moment. The gearbox will always take the gear with the highest accelaration. You only have to put your right foot down.
Greets
Old 10-21-2004, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
you are cruising at 1/2 throttle or evenn 1/4 throttle and a car flies by you, you try to punch it to catch up but the car does downshift but rev kinda slow like it needs time for the boost to build. .
i have noticed this too.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 - W163
Originally Posted by amgme
i have noticed this too.
Happens with my CLK500... weird...