C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

2002 C32 instrument cluster swap/replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2023, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
2002 C32 instrument cluster swap/replacement

So I am almost positive that my gauge cluster computer is faulty. And I'm wondering if its possible to swap in the gauge cluster from another 2002 W203. I realize the mileage will be different but will it work otherwise without programing? anyone ever swap clusters on a early w203?
Old 03-31-2023, 01:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
Arawie, swapping the cluster is possible if you copy all the data off the old cluster or swap the main chip, not sure your location but I had an issue with my cluster not showing the check engine light when the key was turned to second position in the ignition. As a result the vehicle would not pass smog so I purchased a cluster from a company called FastOEM. I had to send in my old cluster and they cloned the cluster however they did not do this correctly so now my vehicle only shows the current milage for a few seconds then it displays dashes, they also claimed they replaced the LCD screen which they did not and once the vehicle became hot inside the cluster LCD would no longer be visible. This did however resolve the check engine light issue and I was able to smog the vehicle which is my daily driver. Their are companies out there that offer instrument cluster repair and cloning service and I would suggest going that route, the issue I am experiencing now can be fixed by the dealership I am told as it is recording the correct milage and is an issue of sinking the cluster to the ECU and TCU. Good luck
The following users liked this post:
tensleep80 (04-03-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
Thanks for the input! I'll look into that cloning
Old 04-03-2023, 12:57 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
No problem happy to be of some help, I am having an issue with my 2003 C32 daily I have had the past three years that is of a concern. smell gas inside the cabin when I floor the accelerator pedal, I've taken the fuel rail out and checked all the injector O rings and I replaced the fuel injection pressure Damper that sits on the fuel rail. These are known to leak causing this type of issue. Did find two injectors with damaged O rings and though I had found my issue but I also as a safe guard checked the gas tank fuel sender under the back seat and no signs of leaking which was another known issue. Today driving to work I accelerated on to the free way with my windows up and heater on and I got a smell of gas again. I also am getting a check engine warning inefficient Cats which I though was due the the gas leak because i have had the cats replaced, the upstream cats two years ago and the secondary last month because they were rattling. I went back to the muffler shop after the secondary cats were replaced because the shop owner told me he found one of the cats was completely missing the material inside the left cat. He checked the resonator and muffler and bore scoped them, they are clear. I would take the vehicle to my Indy but hate having to spend a load of money only to be told they can not find the issue, my next test will be have the wife rev the vehicle while I am looking around the engine bay for any signs of leaks. I encountered this issue of smelling gas in my weekend driver 2003 C32 that I have had 12 yrs now, it was the pressure damper. will have to put some card underneath the damper and see if its leaking as part of my troubleshooting and yes I have two 2003 C32, got the second one because of my ex-wife wouldn't release the title back to me so I found another one and had it shipped to me, a week later she released the title. Spent a lot on it and its still in need of a lot of attention on the interior, my garage kept vehicle has Needwings intake, VRP short headers, 64mm clutch SC pully, Killer chiller heat exchanger, OE Tune the daily has SL55 intake and 64mm clutch SC pulley.