KEY FOB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Question KEY FOB

I have both chrome key and original black OEM key. My question is I was thinking of buying same Fobs and use insides inside new Fob...is it possible to take insides of key including blade swap it and will key work? I am planning it also on my chrome key can it be done guys I'm asking because to buy a chrome key through dealer is very expensive. Does anyone have a whole seller link?
Old 02-18-2024, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 288 Likes on 219 Posts
'03 SL55 Black, '03 SL500's Aegean, Mars Red, Tazanite, Alabaster, '11 S550 Flint Gray
You can't put a black key board into a chrome key housing. They fit differently and the hard key is different as well. Aliexpress has some retrofit chrome cases that are made to use the black board, so that would be an option. You can also find replacement chrome housings, but you need to know if your key is early (NEC), late (BGA), or aftermarket (BE).
The following users liked this post:
c32used (02-18-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by MikeJ65
You can't put a black key board into a chrome key housing. They fit differently and the hard key is different as well. Aliexpress has some retrofit chrome cases that are made to use the black board, so that would be an option. You can also find replacement chrome housings, but you need to know if your key is early (NEC), late (BGA), or aftermarket (BE).

I was one of the forum member who bought the chrome key programmed from another member gave him info he needed and hot chrome key about a week later I don’t remember when or who but it worked till my son dropped key once. Now I noticed it opens out instead of the back cover. When I get home I’ll take picture of it so you can see it most likely mean the key fob needs to open the same.
Old 02-20-2024, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by MikeJ65

This is how it comes out from FOB straight out