A new guy ready to take the plunge.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
A new guy ready to take the plunge.

OK, I've been lurking here for a bit and hope to contribute at some point (only 30 posts to date). I am about ready to purchase a Brilliant Silver C55 with Comand, Lighting and Premium options. No phone option but the dealer assured me it could be dealer-installed (contrary to what some originally thought). Not sure if I'll get the phone yet ... but I might.

Anyway, I'm a little concerned about first year bugs (e.g. trans. oil leak, AC not working correctly, audio problems, etc). I guess this could happen anyway e.g. even in 3rd model year. So I'm looking for reassurance from you guys that purchased and might have been a bit nervous. Maybe it's because I will purchase and not lease (although never having leased, I'm not sure if that's really a factor or not).

Any words of encouragement or warnings?

Rgds,
Norm
Old 11-23-2004, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
I had a C32 for 3 years with no problems. The only problem i had on my C55 was a recent slight transmission oil leak, i took it in to the dealer & they replaced the o-ring. The problem was that the o-ring was not sealing properly. No big deal, i had the car back on the same day. Other than that, this car is excellent!
Old 11-23-2004, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Thanks for the feedback. From what I have read here, some of the new transmission seals are worse than the original.

Did you get the optional phone kit? If yes, how do you like it?

Rgds,
Norm
Old 11-23-2004, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by noka
Thanks for the feedback. From what I have read here, some of the new transmission seals are worse than the original.

Did you get the optional phone kit? If yes, how do you like it?

Rgds,
Norm
No problem. I sure hope i don't have that problem again
I did not get the phone option. I had the phone kit w/voice control on my C32, but that's the way the car came. This time i ordered my C55 the way i wanted it & I just couldn't justify paying so damn much for such a mediocre phone, imho. The voice control is practical and helpful, though.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
Norm,

I wouldn't worry about bugs and such, Mercedes will always take care of you! I have heard nothing but good about the C55. I really wouldn't do the phone option, as phones change too much and by the time you are getting use to your Moto in the car, new models will be out. I have the Moto V3 Razr with Bluetooth, so all I do is have a Bluetooth speaker which connects wirelessly with my phone when I get into my car. Much better then spending a few $K on the phone option. But, if you must have every option, do it.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:50 PM

All I can say is that my wife and I love our new car - its a blast to drive and having driven various sedans at this price level - this is easily far and away the best one. I know that various issues may come up - but in reality these issues aren't big ones - and Mercedes has always done a good job of taking care of us with our previous c230k coupe. I say get it! And be very happy that you own a very fine, rare automobile.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Put down a deposit!

(I really wish it had LSD like my previous "M" cars - but - OK, I'll stop whining now).