C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

automatic fluid questions what was the spec on the nag1 gearboxes when.........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c55 amg
Unhappy automatic fluid questions what was the spec on the nag1 gearboxes when.........

hi all
I have questions that I have been researching for almost a month now and I am no further ahead than I was at the start and I was hopeing one of the clued up guys here would be able to answer my questions \
now for a bit of a back storey
I brought myself my first v8....... YAY!! it happens to be a Mercedes c55 amg, 2004, with a 5 speed transmission, now I will get to the point
I have gone and changed the fluid in my transmission with the recommended fluid, Fuchs 4134 flushed 12litres threw the system, checked with the special dipstick for correct levels at 80 degrease all fine there'd rechecked the fluid level when cold the following day.

the problem I am having is when I take off in the morning and the first gear change the it does is quite rough. if the revs are below 2000rpm, it sort of slams threw the gear change, the trans is not slipping or doing anything out of the normal except for a harsh bump threw to 2nd gear. other gear changes threw 2-3 4-5 you get a slight bump as if I was driving a automatic car from the 80's
now if you have the revs of the engine above 2000rpm to say 2500rpm the gears engage smoothly till I cruise again and have to slow down again and take off in a gentle manner. when its warm it improves but 1-2 still has an annoying bump on its gear change
what I wanted to know does anyone else have this issue when using 236.14 fluid or am I using the wrong stuff.

1 is the gear box known as the nag1? 722.6
2 what was the fluid standard back in 2004 for Mercedes transmission was it 236.10 or 236.12 or 236.14 that was recommended by Mercedes or something else all together?
3 I have been looking at other fluids to try which are not 236.14 since I believe that it is the fluid which is causing my drama.
4 when did 236.14 start being produced was 236.12 discontinued

there is a fluid I wanted to try it is recommended for the Daimler NAG-1 gear box it has Mercedes recommendation only up to 236.10
but I wanted to ask if anyone heard a rumor of the the specification of the gear box when it came out in 2004.
all other info will be greatly appreciated. I am struggling to find any info

Last edited by Charlie401; Yesterday at 09:26 AM.
Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 259 Likes on 211 Posts
95 SL600
I use valvoline maxlife, and I hope you are checking it when the engine is running? This also sounds like the tcc solenoid problem and did you check the connector for oil contamination.