C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007
View Poll Results: Paint Protection (3M)
Have and like .
37.50%
Have and hate.
0%
Do not have - will not get.
0%
Do not have - but considering.
62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Paint Protection (3M)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
Paint Protection (3M)?

Curious what your experience is with the 3M paint protection offered by various manufacturers and what you think about it. I guess it partly depends on how long you intend to keep the car, etc.

Also, anybody in the greater Boston area get the Autobahnd paint protection? Just curious if the kit was pre-cut (laser-cut) or if it had to be custom cut on site (what I would not prefer). Since the C55 is so new, I wonder if any of the companies have pre-cut kits for it.

Rgds,
Norm

Last edited by noka; 11-28-2004 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It depends which software they're using or whether or not they have these pre-cut in-house or get them through a distributor. The C55 is available w/ Xpel & Armourfend software as we already installed it on several C55s.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had it on my black Audi A4 for 1.5 years now and we just got it put onto our C55.

First the cons - it tends to swirl a little more than the clearcoat and if you aren't careful, the edge will collect wax which makes the edge visible. That's really all I can think of.

Pros - Really protects the hood from getting dinged up. I opt to get everything protected - Front part of hood, front bumper, headlights, foglights, side mirrors, lip on gas cap, lip of rear trunk, door handle areas, edge of doors. I've been glad I've done that.

If I had to do it again, I would for sure do it on every non-black car. Black cars are another issue altogether. They clearly show the clearbra - so I don't plan to get another black car in the future.