C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32, C55 AMG Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.68 average.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by FrankW

Back on topic:

A couple pics from the MB ATL meet from last week. Someone posted a pic of my car.

C32, C55 AMG Picture Thread-c55atlmeet.jpg

Then the only pic I actually took was of 91RS's Kleeman install on his C55

C32, C55 AMG Picture Thread-kleemanatlmeet.jpg
Old 01-20-2012, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
I'm not sure why you are so hostile as I was just giving out the correct information to the person who asked, but since you want to come out as an ***, I can do the same and make you look foolish.

like i've said, the ORIGINAL PRICE I got on the price list from Brabus wholesale manager when they were in Newport when i was a vendor from the W203 pdf. not the garbage price CEC decides to put on the Brabus product after they've taken control. If you paid $1495 + $200 s/h for one 18x8.5"...then i'm sorry. you got ripped off. Original price for the 18x8.5 was $995 and the 18x9.5 was $1050 and with discount most shop offers they were selling at around $3600-3800 a set. $1495 was the price for the 19x9.5 as i remembered. the $6000 retail price was for a set of 19" without any discount. HRE in 18" doesn't even cost $1495 per wheel and comes in at much lighter weight as they are full forged 3-piece wheels.

second, The FORGED Brabus mono-VI is the 3-piece which does not have the exposed rivets as they are mounted from the back side of the face plate. you have the mono-VI 2-piece wheel which has the rivets from the front with a single piece barrel and YES it weights in at 28-29lbs for the front 8.5 and 29lbs for the 9.5. from the picture you posted, top left: mono-VI one piece, top right: mono-VI two piece, bottom two: mono-VI forged and they are currently only available in 21".

third, if you have bent one of the wheel doesn't matter if they are 8.5 or 9.5 you can contact RONAL to purchase the barrel separately as RONAL is the licensed manufacturer for almost all Brabus and Lorinser wheels. They use the same barrel and these barrel cost no more than $300 plus having the shop disassemble the rim. my local wheel shop does this all the time for their customers.
Did I say that Frank always delivers? Yup.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
Originally Posted by thegreatfnr

Back on topic:

A couple pics from the MB ATL meet from last week. Someone posted a pic of my car.

I've grown to this look, after we had some discussion about vinyl wrapping the grilles a while back. And my wife agrees too! Looks like I'd better start shopping for that grille!!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by pointman
Did I say that Frank always delivers? Yup.

Like I said, not going to argue. But, I have to ask. Are you Franks sidekick or something ?
Old 01-20-2012, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e36 318i, 2004 sti
Guess my last post has been mauled over. Frank when you get a chance could you post pictures of the impact strips all around your car? Im about to order the wrapping materials but I feel that part will be a pain.. Is there a way to remove the chrome insert?
Old 01-20-2012, 04:30 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by MBfinatic
Guess my last post has been mauled over. Frank when you get a chance could you post pictures of the impact strips all around your car? Im about to order the wrapping materials but I feel that part will be a pain.. Is there a way to remove the chrome insert?
When you vinyl the car just do a one big piece for the panel and the trim. You can cut away the area you want to expose i.e. The chrome strip. Cover everything, use the small squeegy they give you to make sure you form everything and then cut between panel lines and then you can cut away the strip covering the chrome insert.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:43 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
Okay Frank, at this point I'm not going to argue with you.

It's simply my word against your's. I didn't get ripped off. I had checked many different companies that had sold the wheel and asked them for the price to double check.

I also payed for shipping overnight since I could not find the wheel for over a month. I needed is ASAP.

Like I said, I'm not going to argue with you. But as my evidence shows, what I said is correct.
Correct about what you paid, not on how much they really cost. You may feel you didnt get ripped off and thats good for you, but to many out there we will not have paid what you paid for a set of 18" mono-vi.

And you are still not correct on the wheel being forged.

I've helped two friends put together their full Brabus kitted car (body, exhaust, interior pieces, and rims) all purchased from the good ol Brabus of Newport. Theres a reason no one wants to touch Brabus products anymore after CEC.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:01 PM

'06 C55 AMG
I'm not one who likes to jump into potential "heated" discussions but as a Brabus fan and a former Brabus parts owner I feel I should jump in and agree with Frank.

(Brabus K8 bumper for C55 still available for sale!) /shameless plug
Old 01-20-2012, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e36 318i, 2004 sti
When you vinyl the car just do a one big piece for the panel and the trim. You can cut away the area you want to expose i.e. The chrome strip. Cover everything, use the small squeegy they give you to make sure you form everything and then cut between panel lines and then you can cut away the strip covering the chrome insert.
So you just cut around the chrome trim to expose it? Would you still be able to post pictures plz?!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:07 PM

2005 C55 AMG
They are brabus monoblock vi wheels, and yes they will fit your c55 perfectly!

They cost 6k for a set. They are a forged multipiece set and are 18x8.5 in the front and 18x9.5 in the rear.
I thought only the 3-pc Monoblock VI were forged but not the 1 and 2-pc versions?
Old 01-20-2012, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Like I said, not going to argue. But, I have to ask. Are you Franks sidekick or something ?
Who's arguing? Nope. Don't even know the guy. Just aware of the fact that he is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to MB and tuners.

Oh, and I've paid over retail before too. Its gonna be OK.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Correct about what you paid, not on how much they really cost. You may feel you didnt get ripped off and thats good for you, but to many out there we will not have paid what you paid for a set of 18" mono-vi.

And you are still not correct on the wheel being forged.

I've helped two friends put together their full Brabus kitted car (body, exhaust, interior pieces, and rims) all purchased from the good ol Brabus of Newport. Theres a reason no one wants to touch Brabus products anymore after CEC.
What do you know... the other guy has a receipt. Thats the new retail.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Who's arguing? Nope. Don't even know the guy. Just aware of the fact that he is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to MB and tuners.

Oh, and I've paid over retail before too. Its gonna be OK.
I know it will be okay, thanks
Old 01-21-2012, 12:14 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
What do you know... the other guy has a receipt. Thats the new retail.
maybe that's why more and more people are buying Carlsson products instead of Brabus with the SNAFU that's going on with CEC in control for the US market.

Originally Posted by MBfinatic
So you just cut around the chrome trim to expose it? Would you still be able to post pictures plz?!
yea, i'll get you those close up pic tomorrow during the day.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:38 PM

c300
Anyone heard of Magnaflow Depot?

They have the Magnaflow for 25% off which is a lot cheaper than anyone else and I'm wondering is this real deal?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
C32, C55 AMG Picture Thread-img_2539.jpg
Old 01-27-2012, 02:14 PM
pww

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
'05 C55 AMG
Even at the discount price, why would anyone buy Brabus wheels when there are TONS of fully custom three piece forged wheels you can get at those prices..

In relevant news, might be picking up a set of these when they get on the market in february:

Old 01-27-2012, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by pww
Even at the discount price, why would anyone buy Brabus wheels when there are TONS of fully custom three piece forged wheels you can get at those prices..

In relevant news, might be picking up a set of these when they get on the market in february:

Here is your answer:

Because I wanted to and can!

BTW: Why rotiforms?

Last edited by AMG3.2; 01-27-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:14 PM
pww

'05 C55 AMG
Here is your answer:

Because I wanted to and can!

BTW: Why rotiforms?

Actually these are a new company, I already have rotiforms on the car now. New wheels are from a company called "Klutch Wheels", same guys as Raderwerks.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
How much, on average, do those Rotiforms cost? I'm finding that it's difficult to find wheels that are suitable for the 55! I know the Rotiform and Raderwerks guys really cater to the VW community, are their fitments decent for Mercedes applications?
Old 01-28-2012, 07:30 PM
pww

'05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Saaboteur
How much, on average, do those Rotiforms cost? I'm finding that it's difficult to find wheels that are suitable for the 55! I know the Rotiform and Raderwerks guys really cater to the VW community, are their fitments decent for Mercedes applications?

Most of these "nicer" cast sets go for between $1k and $1.5k for all four wheels. I know all of Rotiforms wheels come in offsets that work well for our cars, and I'm in the process of talking to the Klutch guys about doing custom offsets on the SL14 for my car, cause as of right now they only offer it in a 45 offset, which is no good. In terms of offsets our cars like, they are pretty nicely suited for doing custom sets, cause we can pull off low offsets (I'm running a 20 offset up front with plenty of space to go out), however most aftermarket wheels love the 18x8.5 et 35 setup cause most audis and vws can pull that off. I'll keep you updated on what the Klutch guys say, cause they offer custom offsets on their other bolt patterns, so hopefull they can do the same on the 5x112s.

On a side note, my rotiforms will be up for sale soon probably
Old 01-28-2012, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by pww
Most of these "nicer" cast sets go for between $1k and $1.5k for all four wheels. I know all of Rotiforms wheels come in offsets that work well for our cars, and I'm in the process of talking to the Klutch guys about doing custom offsets on the SL14 for my car, cause as of right now they only offer it in a 45 offset, which is no good. In terms of offsets our cars like, they are pretty nicely suited for doing custom sets, cause we can pull off low offsets (I'm running a 20 offset up front with plenty of space to go out), however most aftermarket wheels love the 18x8.5 et 35 setup cause most audis and vws can pull that off. I'll keep you updated on what the Klutch guys say, cause they offer custom offsets on their other bolt patterns, so hopefull they can do the same on the 5x112s.

On a side note, my rotiforms will be up for sale soon probably
Oh wow, those Klutch wheels have a 3.5 inch lip in the rear!? That is amazing. And their only a grand. But then again, they are an upcoming company so I can't expect the price to be that high. It's not exactly your BBS, HRE, or DPE... Nonetheless, good looking wheels.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:05 PM
pww

'05 C55 AMG
Oh wow, those Klutch wheels have a 3.5 inch lip in the rear!? That is amazing. And their only a grand. But then again, they are an upcoming company so I can't expect the price to be that high. It's not exactly your BBS, HRE, or DPE... Nonetheless, good looking wheels.

Well also you have to realize that BBS, HRE, and DPE make almost exclusively forged wheels, which will be much more expensive. As for quality, I wasn't sure about Klutch until finding out they are the same manufacturers of Raderwerks, so it won't be the cheap quality of any of the cheaper cast wheels you can find out there. Same thing Rotiform did to start out: come out with a couple cast sets, sell in bulk, then start producing forged single and three piece wheels.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:03 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by pww
Well also you have to realize that BBS, HRE, and DPE make almost exclusively forged wheels, which will be much more expensive. As for quality, I wasn't sure about Klutch until finding out they are the same manufacturers of Raderwerks, so it won't be the cheap quality of any of the cheaper cast wheels you can find out there. Same thing Rotiform did to start out: come out with a couple cast sets, sell in bulk, then start producing forged single and three piece wheels.
you can also check out Red-G wheels. full forged two piece. parent company is Megan Racing. seen them in person and the quality was very impressive. price is cheap too according to my wheel guy. not sure what fitment they have however.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Banned

C63 AMG
Gorgeous photo dirtytwo!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.68 average.

Quick Reply: C32, C55 AMG Picture Thread