C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

It pays to shop around for wheels & tires.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
It pays to shop around for wheels & tires.

Just FYI - I got a set of AMG Double Spoke 7.5x17 (ET:37) for Winter use with Blizzak LM-25's. I purchased from The Wheel Exchange because even though they got the tires from TireRack and charged me a little more for them, the complete package (including center caps, mounting and balancing) was still $568 cheaper! YMMV but it certainly pays to shop around. It could swing one way or the other depending on what you are purchasing. I initially wanted to purchase from TireRack but they were unable to budge on the price, making it a no-brainer in this case.

Rgds,
Norm
Old 12-17-2004, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was using Luke(tirerack) exclusively, but Neal aka BlackC230Coupe and Eurotek beat their price.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a car
Originally Posted by 05C55
I was using Luke(tirerack) exclusively, but Neal aka BlackC230Coupe and Eurotek beat their price.
Really, Luke is a really great guy. Something must've happened, because they can usually beat anybody's pricing 99% of the time.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by RRevolution
Really, Luke is a really great guy. Something must've happened, because they can usually beat anybody's pricing 99% of the time.
I did not talk to Luke. If they can negotiate price then they have a real problem there (and they lost a sale; not that they really care). It seems people get bad information from some TireRack employees and then Luke chimes in with "the rule is to only ever listen to and believe me". That's not a good way to run a business, IMO. In any case they would not budge one penny on the price. That's OK. I saved a good chunk of change on the exact same package and the service from Wheel Exchange was just fine.

Rgds,
Norm