C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 transmission problem

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-04-2005, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by noka
I have owned numerous manual transmissions, mostly BMW and a few VW. For a number of reasons, I thought I was ready for an automatic, and I sure hope I am right. No question that in traffic I really enjoy the automatic. On the open road, it's a toss of the coin when I just leave it in highest gear anyway. I don't track my cars, so that was not really part of my decision. I was considering an M3 but I heard some things about SMG I did not like too much and they had the rod bearing recall which I thought I would avoid (even in the '04-'05 cars I was worried). I hope I don't miss the manual too much but only time will tell. If I do, I guess I can wait for the V8 M3.

Rgds,
Norm

I was once a passenger o the M3 and the SMG jerks badly when shifting .

The C55 tranny jerks when the car is slowing down in M mode from 3rd to 2nd. It jerks a little when doing kick down in S mode.
The C mode is smooth enough for most situations.

cnt
Old 01-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Brilliant Silver C55
C55Nova,

Have you tried the "C" mode with respect to the acceleration/shifting characteristics of the "S" mode? I won't be driving for a bit due to some poor weather conditions.

SF