C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

tinting questions......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 06:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tinting questions......

i have the origional blue mb tint on the car. but i want to go a bit darker. now for christmas my buddy paid a local tint shop which ive always used, to tint my windows for me. i went by the tint shop today and the guy told me that if we go with a 28% or 35% llumar tint straight over the blue tint it will get a bit darker how i like. and since the llumar is reflective it will still give the blue effect. what do you guys think???
Old 12-27-2004, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
Originally Posted by setUout
i have the origional blue mb tint on the car. but i want to go a bit darker. now for christmas my buddy paid a local tint shop which ive always used, to tint my windows for me. i went by the tint shop today and the guy told me that if we go with a 28% or 35% llumar tint straight over the blue tint it will get a bit darker how i like. and since the llumar is reflective it will still give the blue effect. what do you guys think???
I've had all my MB cars tinted straight over the blue tint that came with the cars. You shouldn't be able to notice the blue tint at all, no matter the shade. I've done 15% black, 20% black, and a 15% silverish tint and never had a problem with any of them.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Almost a Member!

thats probably why im going to tint like 28 or 35% because i want to try to catch the blue a bit. some people from what ive seen dont like the blue. but i kind of like it. just wish it was a bit darker. well see what happens next week when i get it done. im hoping you still can notice the blue a bit.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:34 PM

The best time to see the blue is right after it rains and the windows are still wet. Beautiful.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:20 AM

05' MB C-dblenckel
Originally Posted by rguy
The best time to see the blue is right after it rains and the windows are still wet. Beautiful.
YEP!! like it is today
Old 12-28-2004, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by DbleNckel
YEP!! like it is today
No kidding! :p
Old 12-29-2004, 10:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'07 Carrera S, '31 A 5W hot rod, 4Runner. Sold CLK55
Originally Posted by setUout
thats probably why im going to tint like 28 or 35% because i want to try to catch the blue a bit. some people from what ive seen dont like the blue. but i kind of like it. just wish it was a bit darker. well see what happens next week when i get it done. im hoping you still can notice the blue a bit.

Please post some pictures of how it comes out. I feel the same way about the blue so I've held off in tinting my car.