H&R Coilover Wrenches Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 G55
H&R Coilover Wrenches Question

Hey Guys,

I know my crappy 4cyl. and I don't belong in this forum, but I thought maybe someone could be kind enough to help me out...

My H&R Coilovers finally arrived. In the box, I found a note which mentioned that H&R is currently out of stock on coilover wrenches. It instructed me to contact them as some should be available soon. Of course when I call, the recording tells me that they wont be back in the office until Jan. 3rd. By then, I won't have time to do the install until several weeks afterwards. ARGH!

Is there a way I can get around not using these for adjustment? Is there a safe way to adjust without stripping or damaging the adjustment knobs?

Also, no instructions came with the kit at all. While its pretty self explanatory, I would have liked to at least know the recommeneded torque to tighten everything to. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll be posting a detailed write-up for everyone with many pics once I get everything installed.

Take care,
Andrei

Last edited by andrei; 12-29-2004 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No need for the wrenches during install. Just preset the threaded perches at your desired height and turn by hand prior to weight load. Once on the car, you can adjust using a flat head screw driver and a hammer. The lower lock perch is twisted in the opposite direction to tighten against the upper.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 G55
Thank you very much. I'll try just that!

Happy new year.

Andrei