C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

might buy a c32, what are BPU mods for this car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
might buy a c32, what are BPU mods for this car?

Hey, I'm very interested in buying a c32 amg. What are some basic performance mods i can do for this car? Right now i drive a supra, and i found a buyer who is going to buy it for 45k. I was choosing between the e46 m3 or the c32, but as of right now, I'm leaning towards the c32. O ya, are their full coilover kits for this car? Sorry for the newbie questions, I'm really really new to the euro cars
Old 06-05-2002, 01:03 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
if you get a C32...you won't have to get a complete suspension kit. a set of spring from H&R will be enough.

like you before i got my C32 i had look for the E46 M3 as well. after quite a comparing i found that the M3 will cost more if i want feature to feature on both car and what really put me off is the coupe set up of the M3. although i did have a 2000 BMW 328CI, i just can't take the uneasy entering and exiting the car anymore. also note that with two doors i'll have to find bigger parking space just so that i can open the damn door.

you won't regret it if you do get a C32.
Old 06-05-2002, 01:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Currently, the only complete suspension kits are the H&R cup kit and the Kleemann Speed-Sensitive Suspension. Of the two, I'd choose the Kleemann Speed-Sensitive Suspension. It is the only Mercedes suspension that's shock can independently self-adjust instantaneously to the stresses placed upon them. It is both more comfortable than stock, and outperforms all the other suspensions available for the Mercedes.

H&R doesn't have release date set for their coilovers, however we anticipate it to be sometime late summer.

I would recommend that any time you change your springs to change the shocks as well. It is not absolutely necessary, but your stock shocks will wear quickly with stiffer/lowering springs, and the ride quality isn't the same as when matching the springs to a Koni or Kleemann.

If I can be of any more help, feel free to email me at ben@evosport.com!

Thanks

Ben
Old 06-05-2002, 04:10 AM

Get the C32, and you will be satisfied If you find a good dealer, let me know. I plan to purchase one in Sept.
Old 06-05-2002, 04:21 PM

thanks for your reply guys, now about the exhaust....

does brabus make an exhaust? i know lorinser makes one? how about anything else? thanks
Old 06-05-2002, 04:35 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally posted by t04r deez
thanks for your reply guys, now about the exhaust....

does brabus make an exhaust? i know lorinser makes one? how about anything else? thanks
yes they all do make exhaust for C-class. i wouldn't change the AMG exhaust though
Old 06-19-2002, 01:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 AMG
I think the only thing a new exhaust would do is change the tone. Some people think it should sound loader/throater.

There is unlikely to be any power increase - AMG does a good job.