C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Advice for potential 2002 C32 buyer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 04:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32
Question Advice for potential 2002 C32 buyer

So I'm seriously thinking of buying a 2002 C32, most that I've seen listed have 40K+ miles but are still under the 4 year/50K warranty, what should I look out for (or get the inspection company to check) before I buy?
Thanks
Ian
Old 02-22-2005, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203, W211, W219, W212
I'd suggest to have the seller bring the car to an MB dealer, get the car inspected, have the results in writing and faxed to you. Negotiate with the seller on who should pay for this service, and you should be able to talk to the mechanic by phone as well. Make sure they check the condition of the brake rotors (if they use salt for harsh winter), as well as other common things such as rusts, corrotions, leaks, body scratches, dings, electronic malfunctions, and don't forget CARFAX.

The next thing, go to a local MB dealer, show them the fax and see what they have to say.

Make sure you have enough time / mileage before the 50K or 4yr expires.
There are hundreds of gadgets in the car, so eventhough they claimed the car as perfect, there's always a chance that they overlooked one or two things.

Some helpful info: carbuyingtips.com.

If you really care, do your homework on this site, there's a list of questionaires that you could print and have the seller answer all the questions, sign it and fax it back to you.
If everything works fine, then make an offer, buy the car, and post some pics !!! Good luck