Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by hionchee
You da man Coolcarlski
glad I could help as i've learned alot from this forum!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to be off topic but does any know how much the dealer charges for remapping the tranny?
Old 06-21-2005, 06:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by linuxfoo
sorry to be off topic but does any know how much the dealer charges for remapping the tranny?
Why do you want to do that?I never had mine remapped?Just drive the thing hard and it will adapt itself.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by hionchee
Gave my C43 to my local MB Dealer and asked them to change the MAF sensor and also remap the Transmission. My C43 now kicks *** like never before. Just slam the Gas pedal from standstill and the power delivery is smooth and progressive. AT 4000 RPM - the serious fun begins and boy does it feel good.

Looks like my Neighbour in his Boxter is in for more stick each time I see him
no reason in particular, i just saw apost above stating that he took his car to the dealer and had the maf replaced and the tranny remapped... perhaps i misunderstood what remapping meant and thought it was somehting that the dealer had to reprogram the tranny or upload a newer version coding.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
Why do you want to do that?I never had mine remapped?Just drive the thing hard and it will adapt itself.

do i need to reset the odbII in order for this adaptive learning to work? or would my tranny re-learn the new mapping on its own??? thanks in advance.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

do i need to reset the odbII in order for this adaptive learning to work? or would my tranny re-learn the new mapping on its own??? thanks in advance.
Good question. I never remapped anything but I can find taking off the batt cbles would help reset it which I doubt.Just floor it like I do when I get the chance for a couple of days.I'd also do a search.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1967 Morris Cooper "S", 1983 911SC, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 HD FXSTB, 1998 C43
Remapping

Just for your 411: I never remapped anything. Once the MAF was replaced it was like night and day. Car runs like a top, by comparison to the way it ran previously...although I have to admit, the adaptive transmission is something new to me and I dunno or fail to see the difference. Has the car adapted or not yet? I dunno.....Hope this helps you - it's just my 2 cents' worth.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Originally Posted by dantodd
Recently it has taken to bogging down when I jump on the throttle. It is especially noticable when not fully warmed up and from a fulll stop. If I get all the way into the throttle it will sometimes refuse to answer the call and run like it is fuel starved. If I keep in the throttle it will continue to bog and simply won't pick up speed. If I back off to half it runs just like normal.
This might be a silly question, but did you check the air filter and airbox? I don't see it mentioned. When my car did this -- and it did do that, and would backfire, and would bog around 1800rpm -- I had so much junk (sand, leaves, pollen) in my airbox, it seemed like mice had made a nest in there ... happened within one year of living here on LI. I asked the stealership to try to track down the problem several time to no avail ; I just "assumed" they'd looked at the air filters. Got fixed when I installed K&Ns.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:18 PM

C43AMG 1999
Originally Posted by StapleGun
Just for your 411: I never remapped anything. Once the MAF was replaced it was like night and day. Car runs like a top, by comparison to the way it ran previously...although I have to admit, the adaptive transmission is something new to me and I dunno or fail to see the difference. Has the car adapted or not yet? I dunno.....Hope this helps you - it's just my 2 cents' worth.
i noticed that if i drive it for some time (minutes) like an old man (carefully, accelerating only slowly, no downshifting or engine braking, etc) it becomes dull. for example, if i were to launch it after it befomes dull it would hesitate a lot.
but if i drive it hard for a few minutes it figures out that i'm up to no good and all hesitation is gone. i wish there was a button for that. i guess the kickdown is supposed to activate that too, but i don't like that kickdown button
i like to downshift first and then give it gas, with the kickdown it's all the way around and i'm not sure it's healty for the tranny.
correct me if i'm wrong . . . i'm not a racer or anything so please excuse my ignorance if i'm way off
Old 06-22-2005, 01:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Originally Posted by hangup
i noticed that if i drive it for some time (minutes) like an old man (carefully, accelerating only slowly, no downshifting or engine braking, etc) it becomes dull. for example, if i were to launch it after it befomes dull it would hesitate a lot.
but if i drive it hard for a few minutes it figures out that i'm up to no good and all hesitation is gone. i wish there was a button for that. i guess the kickdown is supposed to activate that too, but i don't like that kickdown button
i like to downshift first and then give it gas, with the kickdown it's all the way around and i'm not sure it's healty for the tranny.
correct me if i'm wrong . . . i'm not a racer or anything so please excuse my ignorance if i'm way off
I seem to be posting this every few months :p .... thank MB for the worst piece of technology they ever thrust on their unsuspecting customer ... Transmission Adaptation ... They actually market it as a FEATURE that's GOOD FOR US! Ya Tanni Adaptation = Grandpa Mode if you're not "on" the throttle most all the time.

Downshift manually =all= the time is exactly what I do too. I always row the shifter; car's usually in 3rd around town; down to 2nd a lot. If I don't the "other" problem with our cars becomes evident, where when I step on the peddle, instead of immediately downshifting and locking up the torque converter, the tranni stays in the higher gear, slips the clutch up to about 5K rpm, accelerating slowly because it's in the higher gear, then finally downshift when it's practically at readline...
Old 06-22-2005, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Since I've changed my MAF the car has shifted great.Since I had my new chip installed it still is just as nice if not even better.The tranny seems to adapt based on engine pwr,driving style,and I guess you could incld manual shifting which I do alot less of since my car has more pwr now with the addition of the new upgraded custom programmed Superchip.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:16 AM

C43AMG 1999
Since I've changed my MAF the car has shifted great.Since I had my new chip installed it still is just as nice if not even better.The tranny seems to adapt based on engine pwr,driving style,and I guess you could incld manual shifting which I do alot less of since my car has more pwr now with the addition of the new upgraded custom programmed Superchip.
i've started to notice that if i don't shift the tranny manually for a week or so, it becomes physically difficult to do so.
i mean, to pull it from D to 4th requires some force. seems like it's not lubed properly. if i do that once a day or so it goes very easy and nice. as if the car is trying to tell me something
i wonder if that is a feature of the adaptive tranny as well
Old 06-22-2005, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hangup
i've started to notice that if i don't shift the tranny manually for a week or so, it becomes physically difficult to do so.
i mean, to pull it from D to 4th requires some force. seems like it's not lubed properly. if i do that once a day or so it goes very easy and nice. as if the car is trying to tell me something
i wonder if that is a feature of the adaptive tranny as well
Happens to mine sometimes as well but once it's in 4th it's easy to shift it from D1 to D4. I also had my bushings replaced since the shifter felt a lil loose.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:55 AM

C43AMG 1999
Happens to mine sometimes as well but once it's in 4th it's easy to shift it from D1 to D4. I also had my bushings replaced since the shifter felt a lil loose.
yeah same thing 1st to 4th works great all the time.
but 4th to D stiff if hasn't been used for a while.
so how do you fix that?
Old 06-26-2005, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

By purchasing another C43
Old 06-26-2005, 07:19 PM

Mercedes-Benz
FWIW, i recall reading in one of the forums awhile back that you can "reset the tranny" by flicking between S and W modes a few times. make sure you put it back into S of course. supposively this gives you a clean slate. it *seemed* to work.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by aintME
FWIW, i recall reading in one of the forums awhile back that you can "reset the tranny" by flicking between S and W modes a few times. make sure you put it back into S of course. supposively this gives you a clean slate. it *seemed* to work.
Mmmmm interesting.I never heard of that one.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:12 PM

C43AMG 1999
By purchasing another C43
yeah right another C43 will have the same issue i bet, just like yours and mine
there must be a way to lube something up somewhere to get it to go back to normal. a couple of years ago i didn't have this problem.
i mean, it's not really a problem, but it's irritating . . . i'd like everything to be perfect in my C43
Old 06-26-2005, 10:30 PM

Mercedes-Benz
Mmmmm interesting.I never heard of that one.
and i cant for the life of me remember which forum i read it on. it was YEARS ago. it's worth a try