C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

guys check yoru engine mounts for leaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 08:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
guys check yoru engine mounts for leaks

hey guys, the next time you guys take a look under your car, check your engine mounts for popped / leakage, if they are popped, you should replace them as the engine can erratically rock sideways during hard accelration and decel and can or possibly unplug hoses or eletrical connections if there is not enough tension on them. it is also best to replace both even if you only see a leakage on one side. when i took mines out, one was really popped and the other one was torn and ready to pop. you can tell if they popped by looking for dried up splattered sediments near the top of your engine mount, usually brown in color. online parts store has them for around $60 each or $97 each at the dealer. just FYI.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup, Mine are shot at 78k. Thanks for heads up as I also noticed I have a head gasket leak. Cought both issues just before my warranty runs out!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:31 AM

hey thats great to hear, glad it was helpful. ask them to replace both, replacing one doesn't make sense, after the engine mount repair, you will notice that your engine idles alot smoother, almost as if the engine was not on.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:23 PM

i finally had some time to take a picture of the engine mount, as you can see, this mount was totally popped and oil leaking, the other side is also cracked, but the oil hasn't seaped out yet. so without taking them out, the mount would have still looked ok.
Attached Thumbnails guys check yoru engine mounts for leaks-dsc_0114.jpg   guys check yoru engine mounts for leaks-dsc_0115.jpg