C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Any dyno numbers for the C43 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55,Tundra,Z4MC,X5
Dyno #'s

Sorry Guys, haven't checked the board in some time.

I just want to say that I understand that some of you may feel that the numbers I put up are a bunch of BS but hold on for a sec.... just to give some more back ground: These numbers were produced with my C43. The only performance mod that I have done to my car is removing the 2 secondary cats and the resonator. So the exhaust runs 2 cats then straight back to the AMG muffler in 2- 2" straight pipes.

With this said, my car was tested at Evosport's shop by Vadim on their dyno. If you see in my first post I asked Simon if he could send me the data on my dyno runs. We did a few runs on the dyno with different stages. We first did a baseline run (with my exhuast), then took off the exhaust completely, then put the K&N air filter on, then bolted my exhaust back on and did that run w/ my exhaust and K&N filter.

The results I posted are from my baseline run and the final run (my exhaust & K&N setup).

Now somedetails of the K&N setup: first off, this setup is NOT driveable. I was not trying to mislead any of you but I guess my post wasn't that clear either. Evosport had a K&N cone style filter (huge size) attached to a staight pipe that connected directly to the throttle body (NO AIRBOX, open element). The run was done with the hood up because the hood would not close with that setup. This setup was never intended to be streetable, just wanted to see what the motor could produce without restriction. What was impressive was that there was a max increase of somewhere around 17-20 lbs. of torque in the rev band. Now this is not all the way across the rev band, it was the max gain at one spot in the range. This just shows that the stock airbox is pretty restrictive (even if you put the K&N replacements for stock). I think that an open air filter element setup would produce some decent results but no one produces one for the C43's (at least I don't know of anyone). I was going to make my own but just haven't gotten around to trying it out.

I hope this clears the air re: my post. Didn't mean to ramble on...and again sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Ive seen most stocks to dyno around 240's at the wheels.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Originally Posted by BrabusCClass
Ive seen most stocks to dyno around 240's at the wheels.
Yep, mine did @ about 245 hp & torque @ the wheels when I did it a few years back.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by c43amg
Yep, mine did @ about 245 hp & torque @ the wheels when I did it a few years back.
Put that motor in and the #'s wll be higher!
Old 06-14-2006, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 C43 AMG
I just did mine to have a baseline so I can start getting some mods.

It clocked 244.7 rwhp @ 244 lb/ft torque.

Besides the MB chips in the market, does anyone know any reprogrammable chipsfor c43?

THX

L.