C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

C36 AMG for Sale in UK only 66,000 miles!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E220 CDI
Cool C36 AMG for Sale in UK only 66,000 miles!

NOW SOLD

Please find below details on my beautiful Mercedes Benz C36 AMG 1997 on a 'P' plate.

Date of 1st registration: 14/4/1997 No: previous owners: 4
Colour: Blue Black Metallic

I have owned her for the last 3 years and she has never let me down- an absolutely lovely car. Unfortunately work is requiring me to get an estate and do some serious motorway mileage- she will be sorely missed! It has the better 5 speed electric gearbox.

To be honest, I don't think there is a better example of this vehicle left out there. She has a full service history and I have spared no expense in looking after her in my time (a file full of receipts to prove it!). As you will know, 66,000 miles on one of these cars is barely run in and you can find plenty of examples that have covered over 250,000 miles (all MOT certs to prove mileage).

The car includes all the usual AMG refinements. Upgrades include heated leather seats and air con. The interior is spotless, seats are grey leather with the carbon-fibre dash & centre consul. Stereo is a 6 speaker Alpine with a 6-CD changer in the boot and cost a lot of money!!! Also includes the MB first-aid kit and full tool kit.

On the security side, she comes fitted with a Tracker and Thatcham approved MB alarm & immobiliser which helps keep the insurance down (I only pay £450 fully comp).

Mechanically she is in very good condition. She is completely standard and has not been messed around with as so many out there. I have recently had new brake disks on the rear. All the ABS & traction control etc works as it should. No warning lights. Exhaust in good condition. The gearbox is the 5-speed electronic (the better one) and has never showed any signs of a problem. There is absolutely no rust whatsoever. Paintwork has the usual front-bumper stone-chips but nothing serious -she truly is in excellent condition. Tyres are Bridgestone BT- SO3s (I have tried others but these are the best) and they have not been on there long- in fact the rears have done less than 400 miles! Any inspection is welcome.

As for performance, well- the reputation of the C36 is well documented. The engine performance, brakes and handling are awesome. Although most of the time you aren't using it (I can get 30mpg out of her) its lovely to have the grunt there on the times you do!

A couple of research/review websites:

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~khookh/c36.htm

http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/us...x?model_id=517

VISUAL UPGRADES FROM THE NORM:
I spent 12 months looking at C36 AMG's before I found mine- she was the 8th I looked at! Something that helped me choose her was that she is slightly different from all the others out there. On the inside classy AMG mats all round and polished stainless steel AMG door sills have been added. On the outside she has the front light washers, xenon low beam lights, clear front and side indicator lenses. All these add up to her being discreetly different and classier than all the other C36s you see out there.

The ONLY negative I have to report is the condition of the Alloy wheels- 3 of them have started to de-laminate. This is not a major problem as £40 a wheel gets them re-laminated, something I've been meaning to do but never got round to.

I feel £9,000 is an absolute bargain for her, but I need to sell her quickly as the new car is arriving shortly so I am open to offers. The buyer will not be disappointed- she still has many years of pleasure to give.........

Lets be honest- YOU WILL NOT FIND MORE OF A CAR FOR THE MONEY !!!

Viewings for serious buyers only can be done at Leatherhead in Surrey during the working day, or west of Horsham in the evenings.

Last edited by Eltoni; 01-01-2020 at 06:46 AM.