C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Engine Cleaning / Detailing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 E55
Engine Cleaning / Detailing

Do any of you regularly clean/detail the engine? any advice or things to avoid? do i need to cover any electrical parts before doing this? recommend any specific brand? i thought about simple green or some auto parts shelf brand. any tricks of the trade would help greatly. my engine compartment is pretty dirty!
Old 04-18-2006, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 C43
I would cover the electrical parts with plastic bags with rubber bands, take all the beauty covers off(they easily snap off), blow the whole engine especially dirtiest tiny spots with pressured air (if you have it), Gunk the excess oil(if there is any), wait for 5 min, and rinse very carefully with water. After that I usually WD40 the mostly moving parts (including door hinges and stuff). I did not have any problems so far with other cars, although I did not do this with my C43, cause engine is very clean already.
I hope this helps sir.

Originally Posted by azimibaha1
Do any of you regularly clean/detail the engine? any advice or things to avoid? do i need to cover any electrical parts before doing this? recommend any specific brand? i thought about simple green or some auto parts shelf brand. any tricks of the trade would help greatly. my engine compartment is pretty dirty!
Old 04-18-2006, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1967 Morris Cooper "S", 1983 911SC, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 HD FXSTB, 1998 C43
Originally Posted by azimibaha1
Simple Green is corrosive to aluminum - dilute accordingly and rinse thorougly with H2O