C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Please Help C36

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please Help C36

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone i need some help i bought my c36 6 months ago it has been going like a trooper. Up until last week that is, it was particularly hot that day and the car felt like it was loosing power then all of a sudden the engine died but did not stall it would only reach 1500 rpm.I guessed at the air flow meter i had a guy come out with diagnostics and the code came back CO POT ADJUSTMENT RESISTOR . Phoned mercedes they would not tell me if it was or was not the air flow meter can anyone help. Has anyone had similiar problems the car sounds like it is running on five cylinders. Any ideas much appreciated.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
09' E350, 01' Maxima SE, 93 Nissan Maxima SE, 1987 Nissan Maxima SE
there is only two things you can narrow it down, before I assume anything, does your car buck when you are acclerating,if it is, then it's your knock sensor, if not, then it's is your MAF (Mass Air Flow Meter Sensor) which is found right in between the airbox and the intake air flow to engine. That is about 200-300 buck for that thing, depends on what MB cost, It's not hard to replace but you need a torx screwdriver to remove that
Old 07-10-2006, 06:20 PM

Prior to the car having the flip out and going into safety mode there was no bucking whilst accelerating. However when the car went into what i presume was safety mode, it was like a bucking bronco everytime you hit 1500 rpm it would die like hitting the rev limiter whilst holding a gear too long.So i presume then that it is more likely to be the air flow meter.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:25 PM

i forgot to say thank you for the help