C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Ticket for dark tint?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 C43
Ticket for dark tint?????

I just got a ticket yesterday for my windows being too dark.... I heard that legal in GA is %32, and mine were %5..... This gorgeous lady owned my car before me, I called her, and she said, she didn't even got a warning for the 2 years she owned it... I am pissed!

Aren't I supposed to get a werbal or written warning first?

I am thinking about going to court for this, most likely the cop won't show up, and case will drop... (It happened before for speeding ticket)

I will get the damn tint ripped off next week I guess
I wanted to share this with your guys, and see what you think.

Thank you....
Old 08-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
If you get the time ripped off..the ticket will most likley get dropped...from my experience anyway. DId you get pulled over for something different? That is the only way I ever got busted for window tint. If you got pulled over for just your window tint...I think the officer was just in a cranky mood and being a *****.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:08 AM

1999 C43
I DID get pulled over for the tint! I saw him from few nundred yards on side ahead of me, so I rolled all windows, but ******* got right on my ***, and gave me a ticket. I kept telling him " Aren't you supposed to give me a warning first?" He kept ignoring...

Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
If you get the time ripped off..the ticket will most likley get dropped...from my experience anyway. DId you get pulled over for something different? That is the only way I ever got busted for window tint. If you got pulled over for just your window tint...I think the officer was just in a cranky mood and being a *****.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
did he see you rolling all the windows down? that may have triggered it right there.

When you go to court I would take a dated picture of the car with the tint stripped...i am betting that worse case you have to pay the $50 or whatever court cost and bet case the judges bids you a good day
Old 08-02-2006, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by Vardar
I kept telling him " Aren't you supposed to give me a warning first?" He kept ignoring...
Yeah.....um, that works....telling a cop how to do his job.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
sometimes if you ask politley for a warning emphasizing the cleanliness of your record..they will cut you a break...sometimes
Old 08-02-2006, 09:24 AM

1999 C43
Ouch! That hammer hurts

He was explaining to me about the court date and stuff, I told him, that I won't go to the court, I wanted to know how much the ticket would cost, he did not respond.. I don't think he knows I am goint to court, like I mentioned before, I did thid for speeding, and cop didn't show up, case dismissed. Also, if he shows up, I'll tell the judge about the previous owner never got a warning or ticket for 2 years in same town...

Probably cop didn't get laid for awhile or something, took his frustration out of me... Getting the tint will cost me $150..... ****!

Originally Posted by C43AMG
Yeah.....um, that works....telling a cop how to do his job.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:26 AM

1999 C43
I did! As a matter a fact, I DO have a perfect driving record.... ****er kept ignoring me, he might be jelous of the car , I bet he was !!!

Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
sometimes if you ask politley for a warning emphasizing the cleanliness of your record..they will cut you a break...sometimes
Old 08-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Yeah..I have never gotten a warning in my benz..although i have never gotten anything but warnings in my truck.
Whether the cop shows up for court will just depend on how busy he is that day. Most likely your comment about not going to court won't have had any effect. He will probably have several other offenders he has ticketed in court that same day
Old 08-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Almost a Member!

99 C43, 03 RS6, 00 RC51
Ouch! That hammer hurts
I'll tell the judge about the previous owner never got a warning or ticket for 2 years in same town...
I think the judge should get a good laugh out of your excuses for having dark tint. I wouldn't think that the cop would have to show up in court for a nonmoving violation. Just pay the ticket or take the tint off and show pics/receipts to get the ticket dropped.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:33 PM

if u are good friends with an optometrist, u can get a prescription to have dark window tint then the cops cant do anything about it...thats what i did after my cousin got a warning and a ticket within a month for the 5% tint on his mustang
Old 08-02-2006, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by '94firebirdv6
if u are good friends with an optometrist, u can get a prescription to have dark window tint then the cops cant do anything about it...thats what i did after my cousin got a warning and a ticket within a month for the 5% tint on his mustang

The judge will tell you that's what prescription sun glasses are for......pay the court clerk...............NEXT
Old 08-02-2006, 09:59 PM

1979 911SC, 2001 E55, 1999 CLK430, 1993 190E 2.6

I am thinking about going to court for this, most likely the cop won't show up, and case will drop... (It happened before for speeding ticket)

Thank you....

For the record, I think all cops write for their date they are required to go to court AND one time I went and the cop was not there, so the judge said Sir we expect to see you here NEXT thursday. They did not throw it out and I had to come back.
But good luck at any rate.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:28 PM

'08 E350
pretty ladies get away with more than we know.

This gorgeous lady owned my car before me, I called her, and she said, she didn't even got a warning for the 2 years she owned it...
If you are in the same locale as this lady and she never really got in trouble it could be that she was getting away without even a warning because of her looks. Happens to my wife all the time.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

91' 300e // 99 300e TD // 00' ML55 AMG
tint is all up to the cop id say, any tint here is completely illegal, i have 23% all around and 35% on my entire windshield haha its the best **** the cops 3 warrnings haha
Old 08-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Banned

C320
I got one about a week ago. I was pulled over for speeding. The cop said if he wouldnt have noticed how dark my windows were he wouldn't have even pulled me over. I will fight the tint ticket and i will most probably win. You have to realize that there are different color/shade tints that may look darker from different angles or in low light. If the cop does not put the meter on one of your windows and get the exact percentage he doesnt have a leg to stand on in court. He was right though 15% all around on a black car with black interior is DARK...too bad he didnt pull that meter out.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:21 PM

1999 C43
He did pull the meter out, and I saw the indicator says %5!!! He said that's limo grade.

I still don't think he will show up in court... I won 2 speeding cases like this.. Judge here won't call you back if the cop doesn't show up.

Ticket is $97.50 BTW, and cause of the nature of ticket (Non moving violation), it won't hurt anything but my wallet (if i can save my own ars @ court)

Originally Posted by rpayer
If the cop does not put the meter on one of your windows and get the exact percentage he doesnt have a leg to stand on in court. He was right though 15% all around on a black car with black interior is DARK...too bad he didnt pull that meter out.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
The judge will tell you that's what prescription sun glasses are for......pay the court clerk...............NEXT
How about dermatologist? Skin sensitive to sunlight. And they can't wear long sleeves in the hot summer.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by newton22
How about dermatologist? Skin sensitive to sunlight. And they can't wear long sleeves in the hot summer.
Turn on the A/C (with the long sleeves) or drive at night.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Banned

C320
He did pull the meter out, and I saw the indicator says %5!!! He said that's limo grade.

I still don't think he will show up in court... I won 2 speeding cases like this.. Judge here won't call you back if the cop doesn't show up.

Ticket is $97.50 BTW, and cause of the nature of ticket (Non moving violation), it won't hurt anything but my wallet (if i can save my own ars @ court)
Well hopefully he wont show! Your right though...insurance or anything wont be affected...just the wallet. I think the fine is about the same here in Baton Rouge.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:35 PM

C63, SLK55
Turn on the A/C (with the long sleeves) or drive at night.
lmao.... you watch a lot of Judge Joe brown shows!!!

Talking about cops that really have nothing better to do. I just got pulled over couple of days ago for my legal 35% tint. The dogs claimed it was too dark????? I was pretty cool at first and explained to them I just had it done a week ago and I’m 100% confident that it's legal and don’t appreciate being pulled over for nothing. The pigs go back to their unmarked cruiser and bring “a spankin new tint meter" in their own words. They measured my tint at 26%. That's when I got pretty pissed and told him I have receipts that show it was legal and all. Their answer was “alright, you sort things with whoever did the tint for you, but I will ticket you next time I have to pull you over” what bunch of Cr@p this is.
The whole reason I made sure to get legal tint this time is to avoid giving the pigs a reason to pull me over. I had 2 cars before this with illegal tint of 15% and those were really dark. I was pulled over once on the first car in the 2 years I owned it and received a $300 citation and paid it. I was pulled over twice with the second car in the 3 years I owned it and received 2 warnings about it.

And now I get pulled over on the first week I get the legal tint done and received a verbal warning. I never got pulled over in the previous cars for at least a year of rolling with the illegal tint until a cop notices. Cops really either have nothing better to do in our days or they’re looking for easy money. I’m really considering removing my “Legal” tint because it’s a real inconvenience to get pulled over what I though would be the end of getting pulled-over by going legal!!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Almost a Member!

99 C43, 03 RS6, 00 RC51
Originally Posted by BLK_HALO
Talking about cops that really have nothing better to do. I just got pulled over couple of days ago for my legal 35% tint. The dogs claimed it was too dark????? I was pretty cool at first and explained to them I just had it done a week ago and I’m 100% confident that it's legal and don’t appreciate being pulled over for nothing. The pigs go back to their unmarked cruiser and bring “a spankin new tint meter" in their own words. They measured my tint at 26%.

You are darker than 35%. You have to factor in the factory tint with your 35%.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:16 PM

C63, SLK55
Originally Posted by DB79
You are darker than 35%. You have to factor in the factory tint with your 35%.
That's what I figured later.... but it's still light and everything is visible through the car compared to the 15% and 5%. Didn't expect to get pulled over at all.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:23 PM

1999 C43
The car in the shop now, $150 to get the tint off. The shop owner told me that if I show the receipt that says "Tint Removal.... PAID $150.00", big possibility I'd get off the hook, and don't have to pay for the ticket.

I really don't have problem with cops, so, I wouldn't call them pigs and dogs.... But this particular one must be a certified arshole!

I have met and seen more good cops than bad cops.......

Last edited by Vardar; 08-03-2006 at 07:29 PM. Reason: misspelled
Old 08-04-2006, 10:57 AM

C280
Vardar: Let's look at the facts: Your initial action of lowering all 4 windows when you saw the police drew attention and a ticket. The judge does not know HOW you got the ticket, so play dumb.

Tell the judge you bought the car with the tint and had no idea it was illegal; Then you show him the $150 receipt for removing the film to be in full compliance with the law.... case closed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ticket for dark tint?????