C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Seat Bolster problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 C43 estate
Exclamation Seat Bolster problem

The drivers seat bolster of my 1998 C43 Estate stopped inflating on the right-hand side. I removed the seat back & found a small nylon pipe had become disconnected from its T joint as the pipes were very short. After extending & reconnecting it I now find that the inflatable bladder has moved out of the bolster & now pushes out the side of the seat towards the drivers door when inflated. Does anyone know how to reposition this inflatable bladder without damaging it or involving a MB dealer ?
Old 11-17-2006, 03:10 AM

99 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Roger Paton
The drivers seat bolster of my 1998 C43 Estate stopped inflating on the right-hand side. I removed the seat back & found a small nylon pipe had become disconnected from its T joint as the pipes were very short. After extending & reconnecting it I now find that the inflatable bladder has moved out of the bolster & now pushes out the side of the seat towards the drivers door when inflated. Does anyone know how to reposition this inflatable bladder without damaging it or involving a MB dealer ?
Hey Roger,

I have the same problem in my car but on the passenger side as well. That's what I get for "playing" with the buttons while waiting for the wife at Nordstrom.
Anyways, I haven't even tried to check it out but since I know that i'm not the only one, we'll look in my newly acquired Mercedes WIS and see what we can find out. Back in a flash...
Old 11-20-2006, 09:05 AM

1999 C43
There are 2 screws under the back of the seat, take it off, and you'll see the air lines for that mecanism, and treeway splitter, probably lines got undone from the splitter. I had the same problem. It takes 5 minutes.

Good luck

Originally Posted by Lensolo
Hey Roger,

I have the same problem in my car but on the passenger side as well. That's what I get for "playing" with the buttons while waiting for the wife at Nordstrom.
Anyways, I haven't even tried to check it out but since I know that i'm not the only one, we'll look in my newly acquired Mercedes WIS and see what we can find out. Back in a flash...
Old 11-29-2006, 06:58 AM

1998 C43 estate
Smile

I have managed to correct my seat bolster problem. The inflatable bladder had become detached from its mounting & migrated around the side of the seat eventually tearing out its inflation pipe. I struggled to remove the deflated bladder & eventually managed to reposition it correctly on its support panel. It is retained in a cloth pocket & held in place with a small nylon push rivet with a locking push pin at its top end. It took me about an hour of tugging & pushing to replace it but it now works correctly. I shudder to think what it would have cost to have the local dealer sort it out !