C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

after i put my BRABUS wheels on the car feels=?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
after i put my BRABUS wheels on the car feels=?

the car doesn't feel as stable as before with my new 18 inch wheels on.My car felt a lot more tight and crispier with my original amg 17 inch wheels ,the car was more responsive when i had to steer the wheel.There is nothing wrong with the suspension or the front axle or steering parts.My car was on a B-service last week, alles gut from the mechanic,he said take care of your car just the way you allways do.Just having a crazy feeling that i liked the 17 inch wheels on the car more and that gave me a greater steering feeling.Is this normal to have this feeling=?My Brabus wheels are original 18 inch Monoblock V, split rims.My new brabus wheels looks fat on my car i just love em'

BTW how can i tell if my steering damper is on its way out>?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts
18 G550, 18 C350e
I put a set of 17s on my old car (E420) - during the colder months I'd put the 15s back on... and the car felt much better to drive (and ride). It was more responsive and cushier...
Old 05-29-2007, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
possibly unsprung weight.. adversely affects the performance of ur suspension.. probably just too heavy. stick on 19" and it'll bring down ur performance..
Old 05-29-2007, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 335i 03 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by kowalski
the car doesn't feel as stable as before with my new 18 inch wheels on.My car felt a lot more tight and crispier with my original amg 17 inch wheels ,the car was more responsive when i had to steer the wheel.There is nothing wrong with the suspension or the front axle or steering parts.My car was on a B-service last week, alles gut from the mechanic,he said take care of your car just the way you allways do.Just having a crazy feeling that i liked the 17 inch wheels on the car more and that gave me a greater steering feeling.Is this normal to have this feeling=?My Brabus wheels are original 18 inch Monoblock V, split rims.My new brabus wheels looks fat on my car i just love em'

BTW how can i tell if my steering damper is on its way out>?

I have 18" E55 Monoblocks on my C43....I bought the car with them so I can't comment on the before/after deal. But you'll probably just have to get use to the bigger tires.