C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

climate control question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2007 | 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
climate control question

i posted a question about my ac a while ago ... this is a different question, though.

i had my receiver/dryer and evap replaced a couple of weeks ago. ac works great now ... cold as ice! one new issue that has now cropped up, though, is once every so often (and it is happening less and less frequently) when i start up the ac, there is this weird *** "squeeeeeeeeeeeek" sound from around the middle of the dash to the drivers (right hand) side of the dash area. almost like something whistling. i dont think its a leak, bc it doesnt happen all of the time, plus my ac is still ice cold and it has been 2.5 weeks since it was repaired/recharged.

any ideas? thanks!
Old 08-28-2007 | 07:17 PM

09 335i 03 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
i posted a question about my ac a while ago ... this is a different question, though.

i had my receiver/dryer and evap replaced a couple of weeks ago. ac works great now ... cold as ice! one new issue that has now cropped up, though, is once every so often (and it is happening less and less frequently) when i start up the ac, there is this weird *** "squeeeeeeeeeeeek" sound from around the middle of the dash to the drivers (right hand) side of the dash area. almost like something whistling. i dont think its a leak, bc it doesnt happen all of the time, plus my ac is still ice cold and it has been 2.5 weeks since it was repaired/recharged.

any ideas? thanks!

Should be more like a hiss, I know what your talking about this weird sound...I believe its just the compressor kicking in. Not sure.