C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Need Help Getting Rid Of My C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No longer car shopping...
Originally Posted by Nate2046
Seven years, actually. But I agree with the point you're making. To answer the posters questions, no you won't owe any difference. Thats the risk the lender takes in making loans and thats why you'll be raped if you ever borrow money again because you've proven to be such a poor risk.

Good luck with what you decide to do but you should seriously listen to the people saying you don't want the repo in your credit history
This may be accurate but it also may be false. It DOES depend on the EXACT type of loan this is. In some cases, people have even included their homes as secondary assets. There are even people out there tying their homes to their investments (via dubious insurance models) and they think "this is great because I get a lower interest rate on their home and their stock securities have to be invested anyway. I saw a guy loose his house when his investment positions (stocks) only dropped 20%. It's really, really sad to see things like this happen. He was/is VERY religious and this marketing scheme came to him through another church member (who's now long gone since he "helped" a few of the congregation get into these suspicious predatory lending guys). Stock portfolio was reduced to 50% of it's value and positions were "liquidated" to make up differences. He had to pay penalties because it was tied to a 401K, etc. He now rents... and went from being worth $500K to being worth about $60K
Old 11-26-2007, 08:52 PM

09 335i 03 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by ndabunka
Unfortunately, this is the WRONG attitude. Don't you guys EVER listen to ANY of the financial guys on the radio? Suzy Orman or anything like that? It does NOT matter what the car is worth (to you). It is ONLY a material possession and you can always get another some day down the road. Sell it NOW for WHATEVER you can get out of it and MOVE ON with life. It's like all these idiot real estate speculators who paid $300K for a house they "thought" they could sell for $500K. Market turns south and although they could still dump it now for $300K, they seem to still think that "somehow, some way" the house is worth MORE than the market is willing to bear. NOPE, it's worth the $300K (or $295 that it CAN sell for TODAY and that is ALL that matters). Now, if your able to "float" the assets for a period of time and are 1000% to whether additional depreciation and such, then go ahead and hang on. But that's doesn't appear to be the case with the original poster as he appears to be having a problem funding the $500/month it takes for his ride+insurance. That is NOT the case. Sell it, break even or sell it and take the loss. Just get AWAY from that bad investment. Shessh! : smash:

First off its SUZE Orman. Second I am excellent with finances, and although you do make a good argument I have to disagree. My car will sell for $14,000 to someone who knows what the car is and wants the car. Simple as that. Do I mind waiting? No not at all, simply because this is my weekend car and I have the most fuel efficient car in the U.S. as my daily driver. I didn't buy the car as an investment, since I did not buy the car hoping it would appreciate in value, and I highly doubt the original poster had this in mind when he purchased his. This is why I gave the advice that I did...and that is my situation with my C43. However, if he is in dire need to sell the car, as soon as possible, ebay would probably be the best option unless he could find a private buyer quickly. Naturally a hit will be taken, but its the best way to get fast cash for the car.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:51 PM

1999 C43
Expose your car

have forsale sign on it all the time, and if your can, put it in a safe parking lot close to mall or some other busy area. expose
Old 11-26-2007, 11:17 PM

2006 CLK350
i agree with ndabunka. it is sad, but it doesnt matter if you think a vehicle is great. it depends on what the buy finds the price to be on kbb or edmunds. a car is just a car. It might of been the love of your life, but it's just a car. it's hard to find someone that will pay what you feel is a fair amount, if that amount is over the market value. if the buyer sticks it out, they will find someone else selling a similar vehicle for the right price.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:18 PM

1999 C43
we

We all need to realize that we are only a handful American's that know the reputation of these special vehicles. Most are ignorant about cars, or they like damn trucks (where I live is truck heaven).

Best way is to expose it here first to AMG and MB enthusiasts (sorry for spelling)

Where I live there are well-know couple of parking lots (such as Ace Hardware), and a huge lot, people put their cars in there like $50 a week or something, and sell it quick.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:50 PM

09 335i 03 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Vardar
We all need to realize that we are only a handful American's that know the reputation of these special vehicles. Most are ignorant about cars, or they like damn trucks (where I live is truck heaven).

Best way is to expose it here first to AMG and MB enthusiasts (sorry for spelling)

Where I live there are well-know couple of parking lots (such as Ace Hardware), and a huge lot, people put their cars in there like $50 a week or something, and sell it quick.

That's true. It's like when you talk here on the forums about the car you know everyone can appreciate what it is. But we tend to forget outside the forums most people are like what's so special about the car.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:41 PM

1999 C43 AMG
Well, I decided to KEEP my car and I'm happy about the choice. I will just have to be wise in how money is spent. In the summer I am going to do some modifications that will make the car look better than stock.

Wish I could draw to show the ideas, it's all in my mind.
The fenders will be re-worked and the rear upper panels as well. It will be modified using fiber glass and than the whole car will be painted white.

These cars are great, fast and still good on mpg even in slow traffic city driving. Thank you everyone for all the help and suggestions!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by power2go
Well, I decided to KEEP my car and I'm happy about the choice. I will just have to be wise in how money is spent.
In the summer I am going to do some modifications that will make the car look better than stock.
These are oxy moronic statements. Money wells spent on a car is not modifying it. You will never see a return for these, your investment of $1000 for mods will in the long run show maybe a 20% return. To get the most for your money, enjoy your car the way it is now. Pay the car down or off and then spend $ to mod.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:52 PM

99 C43 AMG
Keep it stock and maintain it.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:13 PM

1999 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by alboogiee
These are oxy moronic statements. Money wells spent on a car is not modifying it. You will never see a return for these, your investment of $1000 for mods will in the long run show maybe a 20% return. To get the most for your money, enjoy your car the way it is now. Pay the car down or off and then spend $ to mod.
Not really because I have all needed material and I do this kind of work. You guys like it stock good for you but a few mods to make it less "dull looking" is good for ME. The way the car will look after it's done will help sell the car in the future should I decide to do so.

I'm not talking kid mods here, I mean work that will look like it came from amg themselves. The car will look like "it has be have a v8 inside" with the look of the outside. One guy stopped near my car the other day and asked where I bought the amg package. I told him it's stock from mb. He thought it was a c280 with amg spoiler kit.

The car TO ME needs some "mucle appeal" and I"m going to give it. I'll post pics towards the midle of the summer IF I do not get it done through the winter.

Btw, for the person that asked about the rear spoiler. I got it at ebay. The spoiler will be gone once I do the mods, it will get a "built in" spoiler. Spoiler willm be LOW profile to match with the mod on the top rear panel.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Old 11-28-2007, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C43 AMG
Btw, for the person that asked about the rear spoiler. I got it at ebay. The spoiler will be gone once I do the mods, it will get a "built in" spoiler. Spoiler willm be LOW profile to match with the mod on the top rear panel.
sell me the spoiler..that's a sure buy for me!
Old 11-28-2007, 05:22 PM

'99 C43
Alboogie - I couldn't agree more. hahaha

PS .... Loved those VW "pimp your ride ads"
Old 11-29-2007, 03:53 PM

1999 C43 AMG
This will be my last post here till the car gets done in the summer. Than all you nuckle heads with no imagination or talent to do such work will drop your jaws with awe.

so keep posting little pictures banging your heads in the wall because that is what you will be doing. These cars can be body moded to look great,
you just have to know how to do it.

And for the cheap guy who wants my spoiler go to ebay for crying out loud. They are lesss than $30.00 shipping included. than just buy some paint andd paint the thing to match your car (oh I forgot, you guys can't do this kind of stuff).
Old 11-29-2007, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This will be my last post here till the car gets done in the summer. Than all you nuckle heads with no imagination or talent to do such work will drop your jaws with awe.

so keep posting little pictures banging your heads in the wall because that is what you will be doing. These cars can be body moded to look great,
you just have to know how to do it.

And for the cheap guy who wants my spoiler go to ebay for crying out loud. They are lesss than $30.00 shipping included. than just buy some paint andd paint the thing to match your car (oh I forgot, you guys can't do this kind of stuff).

You asked for advice...people gave it, get over yourself or should I say your car.

Best of luck to you and your financial situation
Old 11-29-2007, 05:24 PM

98 c43
power2go, I agree with you for the modding of the car as I mentioned in previous topics. I could care less what someone thinks about what I do. I was wondering what your plans are for the car, you mentioned making the outside appear to fit the motor. Are you doing a wide body? I am not being a d!ck, I am very into modding cars.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C43 AMG
look man, you said the spoilers are a goner when you do the mods you're planning that's why i assumed you're gonna sell 'em..no need to call names in this forum. we're all friendly here!