Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1996 C36 AMG
* JVC KD-AR780 MP3 Headunit (installed) *

Hey guys,

Finally got around to installing my new Headunit Today. I purchased this JVC KD-AR780 from Ebay for $129.99 (current special). I have always had JVC headunits and have always been satisfied (hence being loyal to that brand). The sound quality is phenomenal compared to the stock headunit.

The overall install probably took about 1hr 30mn just b/c I went to extra lenghts to do the install the PROPER way. I soldered the wiring harness and wraped all the wires in electrical tape vs. the ghetto butt crimp method (Take the time and do it right!). The horizontal dimensions on the opening were a bit tight but I finally got the new headunit in there.

Suprisingly even though this car was a BOSE system it was actually just as straight forward as any other headunit install (vs. the W140 bose system which is a nightmare). The sound quality really blows me away and proves just how bad the stock headunits sound quality really is. Also It looks very tasteful and classy, almost OEM like where as alot of headunits out there are way to fast n furiousesque.

Furthermore, b/c this is an MP3 CD headunit which can old about the same amount of songs as the 6-dsc. I will no longer need my CD changer so theres some weight savings right there (im guessing probably around 10 lbs with mount & etc).

I got my wiring harness from AutoToys

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=8118

I HIGHLY recommend getting it from them. First off the price is amazing and second off, this wiring harness is the PROPER W202 harness, no swapping of red/yellow wires or anything like that (as commonly needed on the VW harness).

Pics:
Attached Thumbnails * JVC KD-AR780 MP3 Headunit (installed) *-pict4200.jpg   * JVC KD-AR780 MP3 Headunit (installed) *-pict4201.jpg   * JVC KD-AR780 MP3 Headunit (installed) *-pict4202.jpg   * JVC KD-AR780 MP3 Headunit (installed) *-pict4204.jpg   * JVC KD-AR780 MP3 Headunit (installed) *-pict4205.jpg