C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

96 C36 AC/Heater Control Panel R&R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2008 | 06:39 PM

Stg3 B5S4-C55 AMG
96 C36 AC/Heater Control Panel R&R

So I just got my car back from the Benz dealer for an AC service. Evacuate and Re-charge the refrigerant, pressure test,blah,bla,blah.

$ 275.00 clams !

Everything checked out fine except that my HVAC control panel unit is bad.

Heater & Vent work, but the AC switch is not triggering the compressor. The jackass that owned my car before my screwed w/ it somehow during a custom stereo install. They spliced a wire and it must have shorted out the HVAC.

Potomac German has a working unit for 150.00 vs. 1000.00 for a new one at the stealership.

My question is...has anybody removed theirs during a stereo install, or any other reason. If so, do you have the key tool to loan ? My tech said its a plug & play unit .

Thanks.

PS- I guess the money I spent wasn't too bad as they noted on the bill that the ECU was scanned by Star and it checked out perfect. No codes stored since almost new.

Also, my wiring insulation was still holding up according to them.

TIP OF THE DAY !!!!!!!!!!

Always open your hood after driving when you get home. This will allow the bay to cool off rapidly thus prolonging all the hoses and lines that would normally bake to a brittle state after just a few yrs.

Its amazing, but I noticed that the internal engine temps take almost 5 hrs to get down to less than 100 F after driving for just 45 mins.
Old 06-13-2008 | 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
just got the same **** done 100 dollars. dont go to the dealer find an exotic car shop