C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

what's it worth?? 99 c43 w/ 80k

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
i wouldnt call buying a "beat up" car a deal EVER. if the car has been mistreated its like a permanent taint which cannot be resolved.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chappy
+1

Condition and systematic maintenance history is everything - to the right buyer.

IIRC, there was a C43 that was advertised on MBW a year or two ago that went for very high teens or even low 20s due to mileage and condition.

EDIT: Found the link...car went for $22K.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...light=c43+sale
there was a silver ext / silver/black 2tone int all options 1999 with 31k miles. Viti mercedes RI. Its very reputable in this area and the biggest MB dealer in new england. I think they won the best customer satisfaction award among other mb dealers across the country several times. I saw the add on their website in late august 2007 asking 23k. no cpo(due to its age. only 7yo younger can be cpod) no warranty(again due to age no extended warranty from mb) however 1 owner who bought it from Viti mercedes and fully serviced by Viti mercedes all of its life. I went to check out the car 2 days after and it was gone. I often check Vitis website for mint cpo cars they are usually very succesfull at selling cpos pretty quick probably due to having many loyal customers and reputation however that was the fastest sell i have ever seen. maybe it was luck...but low miles cars usually temp more people than highly maintained but high mileage cars. if you one can combine both low miles and high maintaince then you get the highest premium for the car.

and i believe mb dealers in themself differ a lot. I used to live in Worcester and I got my car serviced at wagner mb worcester then I moved to westport mass where viti ri is 8 miles away...Viti charges considerably more but the service is unmatched. they only charge for service you asked them to do opposed to wagner charges for diagosis and check ups....free loaner with at least half tank gas... opposed to paid loaner no gas for wagner....and also wagner only recommended what the manuals says opposed to viti always recommended more service such as spark plugs says 100k interval my car had 55k but a 2000 model which is 7 years old at the time, they said its good to replace them every 5 year even if you dont match the recommended mileage or 60k transmition service..i know they want to make more money but most stuff they recommended was actually recommended here as well by many fellow mbworld members. i am not trying to say mb dealers are always the best but there are worst ones and better ones.

just my opinions
Old 07-14-2008, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Originally Posted by Eurosport
i didn't know we're talking about "best deals", i thought we're talking about best condition cars or maintained cars.
if you want best deal you can always buy one at auction even a beat up model fix it up for half price you'd pay for a top condition starmarked one at dealer
now that's what i call best deal. no?

service by dealer is just so overrated no offense, but if you look at their work, you'd understand. they just don't care, pure and simple. they will not take the time to even torque a bolt properly, they are always in a rush behind the curtains like a conveyor belt, no meticulous care taking time to do it right the first time at all.
not to mention 10k oil/filter changes, spark plugs 100k, coolant 4 years, absolutely no preventive maintenance, etc. etc. i could go on.
that's where a diy enthusiast weather be it a bmw, an audi, a corvette, a subaru or whatever, they take better care of maintenance than any dealer would.

anyway, everyone's entitled to their own opinions, just my 2 worthless cents
bottom line is whatever you get enjoy the car and enjoy the drive
You really like to parse words, lacking reading comprehension yet still not added anything beneficial to the OP's request....

Do whatever makes you happy, you're the DIYer "expert", opine as much as you like, but I don't buy junk, never did and never will... Understand much more then you do when it comes to a dealer service department work.

Feel more comfortable with a mechanic who has experience on the older chassis then a DIYer who is learning as he tries to fix his cars...

How many DIYers just on this forum are truly proficient mechanics ????

That's why you read these threads and you see so many with similar problems who spend months trying to repair, instead of using a mechanic with the correct tools and diagnostics specific to the vehicle...

So may I ask what do you own ???

Last edited by RBYCC; 07-14-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Originally Posted by SeeKlasse
how many garage doors do you have? youve got alot of cars already i bet you really enjoy hanging out in your garage.
Only two doors, but each side is tandem...so four cars...
Old 07-14-2008, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Substance
there was a silver ext / silver/black 2tone int all options 1999 with 31k miles. Viti mercedes RI. Its very reputable in this area and the biggest MB dealer in new england. I think they won the best customer satisfaction award among other mb dealers across the country several times. I saw the add on their website in late august 2007 asking 23k. no cpo(due to its age. only 7yo younger can be cpod) no warranty(again due to age no extended warranty from mb) however 1 owner who bought it from Viti mercedes and fully serviced by Viti mercedes all of its life. I went to check out the car 2 days after and it was gone. I often check Vitis website for mint cpo cars they are usually very succesfull at selling cpos pretty quick probably due to having many loyal customers and reputation however that was the fastest sell i have ever seen. maybe it was luck...but low miles cars usually temp more people than highly maintained but high mileage cars. if you one can combine both low miles and high maintaince then you get the highest premium for the car.

and i believe mb dealers in themself differ a lot. I used to live in Worcester and I got my car serviced at wagner mb worcester then I moved to westport mass where viti ri is 8 miles away...Viti charges considerably more but the service is unmatched. they only charge for service you asked them to do opposed to wagner charges for diagosis and check ups....free loaner with at least half tank gas... opposed to paid loaner no gas for wagner....and also wagner only recommended what the manuals says opposed to viti always recommended more service such as spark plugs says 100k interval my car had 55k but a 2000 model which is 7 years old at the time, they said its good to replace them every 5 year even if you dont match the recommended mileage or 60k transmition service..i know they want to make more money but most stuff they recommended was actually recommended here as well by many fellow mbworld members. i am not trying to say mb dealers are always the best but there are worst ones and better ones.

just my opinions
I believe Viti also has an A124 E320 Cab, that appears pristine...asking a great deal for it !

I just had delivered on Saturday a 1994 E320 A124 cab that I purchased out of Palm Beach...

Had a surveyor inspect it prior to my purchase.

One owner, 44K miles, as new, and it cost me $20K....
Many out there for much lower, but why buy problems.

I purchased my C43 in 2005 from Mercedes Benz of South Atlanta for $25K
It was CPO and only had 26K miles.
Again as new...had it transported 600 miles to my house.
Three years and 25K miles later...zero problems, just scheduled maintenance.
Just need to replace the original tires after 50K miles of use

My dealer which is in Southern Delaware is very small...only four mechanics, two of which have forty years of Mercedes experience.
Dealership is about twenty five miles away, never bought a car from them, but the service department will pick up and deliver the car to my home at no charge.
If I wanted to drop off they would give me a C-Class loaner for as long as they have the car.
Again at no charge.

Last edited by RBYCC; 07-14-2008 at 08:45 AM.