C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

W202 PSE PUMP LOCATION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 C36AMG
W202 PSE PUMP LOCATION

HEY ALL, my central locking system has been acting up, also, my lights do not turn on for an additional 30secs after i'm done using them at night, plus none of my windows or sunroofs roll up or down with the remote pointing to the trunk...al i hear is a slight whining frorm the trunk area by the gas cap, could this be whee the pump is? how hard is it to replace, and will replacing this pump solve my problems?
tanks all
Old 10-14-2008, 02:01 PM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
the external window opening/closing can only be done from the driver's side door IR sensor. my 97 280 had one on my trunk and one on my driver door. only the driver door worked to open/close the windows. i think thats the way its designed. c43's have IR sensors on both the driver side and passenger door, both of which can operate the remote window operation.

the sound youre hearing is the vacuum pump, which runs when you lock/unlock the doors because they run on the vacuum system.

youre talking about the lights not turning off until a short amount of time after turning the car off. im assuming youre talking about the fog lights. this is normal, its called convenience lighting. this only happens when you drive the car with the headlights on, then when you turn the car/headlights off and exit the car, the foglights will turn on for about 20 seconds... to light the way for you.

sounds to me like you dont have any problems... enjoy your amg
Old 10-14-2008, 06:47 PM

1997 C36AMG
hey thanks, bt i have tried the headlights at night, they don't turn on...the dealer stated my PSE pump needed changing, on my buddies car the windows roll up and down from the trunk, mine wiill not, i have a radar detector wired thru the sunroof power, and when i poiint it to the trunk and hold down the button the radar turns on bt the windows do tnothing
Old 10-14-2008, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
if your vacuum pump is going on for more than 2 seconds you got a leak. since you can hear the hissing from the trunk it is probably where the lines joint together on the passenger side of the trunk behind the carpeting. fold it down near the trunk hinge and take a look- yellow tubes from front going into a black square with one yellow tube leading away towards the back end
Old 10-14-2008, 11:57 PM

1997 C36AMG
that sounds like something there, after the radar comes on, the pump will keep making a hissing noise