C36 disconnected battery goes NUTS HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
190e 16v c36 AMG
C36 disconnected battery goes NUTS HELP

hello

I just installed a cold air intake on a 96 c36 AMG , I disconnected the battery for a 1/2 hour, thinking the computer would reset with the cold air intake upgrade, (BTW the best sound from the AMG)
So here is all the weird stuff happens, once i hook the battery back up

1st thing, the Alarm system went nuts, would not turn off, with key or button, i had to follow wires under the dash were i found viper alarm system , I totally disconnected it,,, the c36 finally stop alarming and was able to start it now, went a purchsed a new master key that same day thinking my key was broken, it would lock unlock the doors but the green lite red light blinking togeter only

2nd thing, the ASR/ABS work fine until the car is warmed up and then ASR and ABS shuts off and will not work blink or anything ,, ASB fully not functioning full lock up on the wheels, and will only come back on until the car sits over night , full cool down

3rd thing the door locks have stop working with the key and with the buttons , and the truck nothing will operated once the car is warmed up
it like the pump isnt making any noise now, and happens same time the ASR and ABS stops working

everything was working perfectly no problems until i dissconnected the battery , everything is very weird acting, like i blew a fuse or something that will control the asr asb and locking system
any help would be great
Old 02-14-2009, 04:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55 C43 993C2S
sent u a pm....
Old 02-14-2009, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like airplane
sounds like you "unprogrammed" your aftermarket alarm?