C43 AMG "Birth Certificate"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
C43 AMG "Birth Certificate"

This is something that I 've wanted for along time and I believe other die-hard enthusiasts would want also.Especially all of the Black Series owners that plan on keeping their vehicle.I will try and answer as many questions as I can think of right off the bat.If you have a question that I haven't answered please feel free to PM me and if I can answer it I will :

#1)Cost : $125.00 + $8.00 shipping and handling + $9.31 sales tax = $142.31

#2)Time : It was ordered the 1st week of December - Delivered Feb. 17th -so I guess figure 10 weeks? I don't know what role the holiday season played in this process.

#3) What you get : A nice black cloth like foldout style binder that contains a beautiful "Zertificate" that has your name on it,model of vehicle,vin#,purchase order # ,engine #,gearbox #,destination of delivey,date of delivery,paintwork DB code,upholstery DB code and it was signed by Michael Bock & Jurgen E. Whittman , and a certificate # underneath the signatures.When you fold out the other sections there are 2 pages that contain all of the specifications for you vin# vehicle at the time of delivery - basically all of the "option codes".Also a dated letterwas included from Michael F Kunz - Manager,Mercedes Classic Center USA,basically thanking you and notify you that your vin# and name has been recorded in Damler Corporate Archives and that this information will remain as part of its permanent records.

#4) How to order : call the classic parts center @ (949)-598-4850.I was told that you may want to press the "sales" option from the voice directory options.

I hope this helps.It really is a nice gift for yourself or another MB enthusiast.

*** Note - I wrote this prior to the posting of the pictures,so I don't know how the pictures are going to look after the thread is posted.If you can't see the pictures well or if they are too large,I apologize in advance,the camera is not the greatest and I am terrible at taking pictures. ***
Attached Thumbnails C43 AMG "Birth Certificate"-im000659-edit.jpg   C43 AMG "Birth Certificate"-c43-re-touch-birth-certificate.jpg   C43 AMG "Birth Certificate"-im000661-re-edit.jpg   C43 AMG "Birth Certificate"-im000662re-edit.jpg