C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Cold climate peeps - when do you put on your winter tires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 07:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55 C43 993C2S
Cold climate peeps - when do you put on your winter tires?

I'm on the fence as whether I should get a dedicated winter set. I hate to be storing wheels especially since I recently sold a set that had been taking up space in my garage for a couple of years.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 C43, 86 Porsche 951, 98 Volvo S70 T5M
I have a dedicated set of winter tires. They get me through all but the deepest snow. I usually put them on about the time of the first snow, or right after.

I've gotten through snow in my summer tires, but it was really slow going. The traction control saved my bacon a lot with them on. Sometimes you go nowhere though because traction control is too aggressive.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
E55 C43 993C2S
Originally Posted by DarthCY
I have a dedicated set of winter tires. They get me through all but the deepest snow. I usually put them on about the time of the first snow, or right after.

I've gotten through snow in my summer tires, but it was really slow going. The traction control saved my bacon a lot with them on. Sometimes you go nowhere though because traction control is too aggressive.
Good info! Tks...

Well I picked up a set of 17's 235/45 with rims last night. Switch them out and took a spin around the block. My cruise now works and my car feels smoother than ever. Which means I may have a bent rim on my summer tires with fresh rubber and fresh alignment.

I may just keep these on for a bit.