Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 Silver C43
To anyone that has a lowered C43

When you lowered your car...
1. what springs did you use
2. what was the drop you achived with the new springs
3. did you see the need to re-align and /or adjust camber
4. what was overall cost.

I got the following message from a Brabus salesman.

"After you install these springs, the car will sit perfect because when BRABUS designed the sport springs, they do not have a cambering effect nor do they throw off the alignment. All you have to do is install the BRABUS sports and you are good to go. Feel free to contact me with any further questions. Thank you."

Anthony Hsieh

How true is that.

Thanks guys
Old 03-13-2003, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 : 2007 C230
what he is telling you is they don't lower the car very much so it will most likely still meet stock alignment specs
Old 03-13-2003, 02:51 PM

1998 Silver C43
What is your definetion of lowering the car much, this is brabus's definetion of the BRABUS W202 C-Class Lowering Sport Springs

DESCRIPTION
set of 4 BRABUS lowering sport springs
- lowers 1.5" in front
- lowers 1.25" in rear
- increases handling and performance
- highest rated and tuned lowering springs ever designed for the Mercedes C-Class!

His reply was to these sport springs . I am looking for that much of a drop anyways. I used a caliper and measured the gaps and measured the tire to fender gap at and average of 2.8", so a 1.5" drop is great.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:00 PM
Almost a Member!

99 C43
Mine had H&R's when I bought it last Dec, and although I used to think it was too low I've gotten used to it. I never have actually bottomed out.

There is about a 1.5"gap Front tire to fender, and no gap in the rear. I think the Alignment is fine, meaning it tracks well if you let the steering wheel go, but the steering wheel is turned slightly to the right when driving straight. My MB Dealer is telling me to go back to stock but I will most likely leave it like this.

I was thinking of buying the thickest pads and putting them in myself, not sure if that is a do-it-yourself job or not. I know it would only give me 1/4-1/2 inch or so but even that much would help me on the freakin city streets.
WTS
Old 03-13-2003, 04:28 PM

1998 C43
1) H&R Sports with stock shocks and #1 and #2 pads.
2) Total drop about 1.5 inches. Look at my pic, see if you agree.
3) Re-aligned (just in case) no camber adjustments needed.
4) Total cost about 700. Springs, install and realignment. Kinda pricey, but not many choices out in my area.

I'm pleased with the results so far. I wish I had done shocks at the same time. I wanted too, but needed to explore my options first just in case I didnt like the change.

On a side note, many other tuners like Brabus, Carlsson, etc. use companies like Eibach and H&R to make springs for them. They are different in spring rates, and other configurations.

DLS