C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

C36 Mods questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C36 AMG 1996 black on black
C36 Mods questions

hi, I'm new to this forums, and I'm the happy owner of a 1996 C36. I was looking on the web what kind of littles modifications I could make on my car.
so First I like the sound of the car, but I would like to get it, a little higher if you know what I mean. But After looking a lot on the web, I saw that you could lose some power if you change your exaust line. So I wonder If there's a way to get a better sound without losing power.

second of all, I got a problem and I don't know how to solve it. When I play some music in my car when i put some bass I ear an annoying Metal vibration sound. Some peoples told me it's my back light in the car that is a bit loose and that vibrates on my back windsheild..... could anyone help me with this pls ?

thx

Ps : sorry for my weak english, it is not my first language
Old 03-07-2010, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
if exhaust line you mean the pipe diameter than yes, the C36 engine does like some backpressure, but the C36 muffler is very restrictive. Changing that out for a Remus would be get you a great sound, not be too loud, and be less restrictive. You could also just remove the cat and resonator if you have friends that own a shop.
To check if its the back light just pinch the sides and pull it off and turn the music up to see if it goes away
Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C36 AMG 1996 black on black
alright thx, i'll chek this out and give you back what I noticed. won't be tomorrow, because my baby is still in the garage for the winter, I don't wanna get her out till the next 2 weeks.