C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Any Literature on Bosch HFM-SFI engine management systems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Any Literature on Bosch HFM-SFI engine management systems?

I've been long trying to source and in depth literature on this system. Does anyone know of any place I can download, view, even purchase a good book on this system? I'm looking to explore the methods in which the variable valve timing, ignition timing, ect all operate. Even possibly something that sheds some light on the mapping of the system.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:04 PM

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts
W210 DRFT BNZ
The Bentley book has a very in depth electrical digram as well as a multimeter troubleshooting guide for the system. I have the book if you ever want to borrow it.

This book doesn't go into the details you want though. I don't think any literature will. But all the things you mention can be easily source by OBD-2 mapping, which I also have the equipment for.

i can have the book in the office, you can stop by, grab it, make copies and just drop it off there whenever you are done.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG
go to a good tech college for 2 years they will explain anythin u want lol. i went there then got hired with merc and workin there 2 years now
Old 05-21-2010, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by soveit_c43
go to a good tech college for 2 years they will explain anythin u want lol. i went there then got hired with merc and workin there 2 years now
I went to a tech school for 4 years. I'd love to know the tech school you went to that "learned" you everything about Bosch Motronic management systems. I'm looking for in depth know-how regarding how the PLCC's bin files set up, start and stop adresses for maps ect. But any legitimate in depth info on the backround of the HFM-SFI will help me.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by jumph4x
The Bentley book has a very in depth electrical digram as well as a multimeter troubleshooting guide for the system. I have the book if you ever want to borrow it.

This book doesn't go into the details you want though. I don't think any literature will. But all the things you mention can be easily source by OBD-2 mapping, which I also have the equipment for.

i can have the book in the office, you can stop by, grab it, make copies and just drop it off there whenever you are done.
Dennis I totally skimmed right over your post. I really appreciate your generosity, I'm thinking the Bentley manual might be a worthy investment in the long run anyhow now. It seems your well versed in this OBD-II arena, sometime over the summer I'd love to meet up and learn a few things. I'll keep my eyes open for some shows in CT ect. Thanks again, I appreciate it!